Kingsport Times News Thursday, September 18, 2014
Regional & National

'Octomom' won't face child-neglect charges, prosecutors say

October 13th, 2012 5:16 am by Richard Winton,Los Angeles Times (MCT)

'Octomom' won't face child-neglect charges, prosecutors say

In this May 19, 2010 file photo, "Octomom" Nadya Suleman poses for photos outside her La Habra, Calif., home. Police are investigating allegations of child neglect at the home of Suleman and her 14 children in Orange County. La Habra police said Friday, O

LOS ANGELES — Nadya Suleman, otherwise known as “Octomom,” will not face criminal charges from a child-neglect probe by La Habra, Calif., police, Orange County prosecutors announced Friday.

Suleman, who became famous in 2009 after giving birth to octuplets, had been accused by one of her caregivers of neglect in a September complaint.

Prosecutors did not describe the nature of the allegations against Suleman but said a review of the La Habra investigation determined there was insufficient evidence of any crime.

Suleman had lived in La Habra with her 14 children but has since relocated to the Palmdale, Calif., area.

She strongly denied any of her children were neglected or abused and blamed the accusations on women she claimed had become obsessed with her children.

———

©2012 Los Angeles Times

Visit the Los Angeles Times at www.latimes.com

Distributed by MCT Information Services

comments powered by Disqus