No need to worry if you have yet to make plans for New Year’s Eve. With so many celebrations scheduled to be held across the region this weekend, chances are good everyone can find something to help usher in 2012 in style.
• Freedom First Fireworks will sponsor a free fireworks New Year’s Celebration show at 5:30 p.m., today at Central High School in Blountville. Admission is free. Concessions available.
• A pre-New Year’s Eve dance will begin at 7 p.m., today at the Jonesborough Visitors Center, 117 Boone St. Music will be provided by Kids Our Age. Cost is $5 per person. Call (423) 943-4190.
• The Kingsport Town Center and 88.3 WCQR will hold a “Noon” Year’s Eve celebration for kids and “tweens” from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Dec. 31 in the Sears Court on the lower level of the Kingsport Town Center. Entertainment will be provided by Earl and Kimberly Long with Vertical Kids Ministry. Admission is free. Visit www.wcqr.org? .
• A limited number of tickets remain for Blue Moon Dinner Theatre’s New Year’s Eve Extravaganza, featuring a four-course meal with entertainment followed by dancing, live music, a balloon drop and a midnight Champagne toast. Doors open at 7 p.m. The price for the package is $84 per person or two for $150, while supplies last. For more information, call (423) 232-1350, e-mail info@bluemoondinnerthe? atre.com ? or visit www.blue? moondinnertheatre.com? .
• The Buffalo Ruritan Club will host a New Year’s dance beginning at 8 p.m., Dec. 31 at 200 Willow Brook Drive, Bluff City. Music will be provided by Distant Thunder. Tickets are $10 each. Breakfast will be at midnight.
• The Tavern on Main, located at 225 E. Main St., in Wise, Va., will hold a New Year’s Eve Masquerade beginning at 8 p.m., Dec. 31. Sponsored by Morgan-Mc-Clure, the event will include food, a Champagne toast at midnight, giveaways, a free photo booth and a DJ. Admission is $25 per person or $40 per couple. The masquerade is a fund-raiser for the Relay for Life Committee of Wise County, Va. Call (276) 328-2208.
• A New Year’s Eve dance will be held at 9 p.m., Dec. 31 at the Church Hill VFW, 261 Silver Lake Road. Music will be provided by Cloud Nine.
• LampLight Theatre in Fall Branch will hold its annual New Year’s Eve alcohol-free gala for couples and singles beginning at 9 p.m., Dec. 31. The event will feature musical entertainment, a buffet, dancing and a special message by speaker and evangelist Billy Wayne Arrington. Admission is $25 per person. Reservations are required. Call (423) 348-7610 or visit www.lamp? lighttheatre.com? .comments powered by Disqus