LOS ANGELES — Whether you go to one of the midnight screenings Thursday night of "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 1" or wait until the crowds die down, there are a few things you should know about the movie to make the experience the best possible.
Here are half a dozen tidbits to sink your teeth into:
1. Don't leave the theater when the closing credits start because there is an additional scene.
2. Pay close attention to all of the guests attending Bella (Kristen Stewart) and Edward's (Robert Pattinson) wedding. Author Stephenie Meyer makes a cameo.
3. The film had to edited to avoid an R rating. Scenes from the honeymoon — where Kristen Stewart got too energetic — were trimmed to reach a PG-13 rating.
4. Because so much of the action takes place in the Cullen's home, the huge house was actually built on location in Vancouver.
5. Bella's unique pregnancy causes her to lose a massive amount of weight. Part of the illusion was created by Stewart losing a few pounds, makeup and what director Bill Condon calls a little extra help: computer-generated special effects.
6. It took three years and three months to film the five movies. The last one will hit theaters in November 2012.