BLOUNTVILLE — A Kingsport registered sex offender has been indicted on two violations alleging he was living with a minor and within 100 feet of a school.
A Sullivan County grand jury on Tuesday indicted Shawn L. Wray, 26, 417 Barnett Drive, Kingsport, on two violations of Tennessee Sexual Offender Registry laws.
According to court records, on Aug. 23 Wray was found living with his girlfriend and her two-month-old son at 650 E. Sevier Ave., an apartment located within 100 feet of a school. He had been barred from residing with minors following a March 31, 2006, conviction on a charge of aggravated sexual assault of a child in Montgomery County, Texas.
Wray allegedly gave a written statement to Kingsport police admitting to “staying at the residence and being there while the child was there.”
Others indicted Tuesday and their charges include:
• Joseph Wesley Wright, 26, 715½ Dinsmore St., Kingsport, possession of oxycodone for sale or delivery, possession of buprenorphine, possession of drug paraphernalia, and maintaining a dwelling where controlled substances are used, stored or sold.
• Theodore R. Faulkner, 30, Fort Pierce, Fla., forgery.
• Charles Rodney Blevins, 46, 1208 Virginia Ave., Bristol, Tenn., aggravated burglary, theft $1,000 or more, vandalism.
• Ronald Reece Cross, 67, 1413 Egypt Road, Bluff City, violation of habitual traffic offender order, speeding.
• James Timothy Smith, 21, 404 Morelock St., Apt. 8, Kingsport, theft over $1,000.
• Elizabeth D. Frazier, 20, 4568 Highway 126, Blountville, manufacturing marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Daniel K. Gardner, 28, 776 Lake Ridge St., Gray, retaliation for past acts, domestic assault, aggravated domestic assault.
• Jonathan Franklin Roberts, 26, 653 Arch St., Apt. 9, Kingsport, assault.
• Travis D. Egans, 26, 1833 Anderson St., Bristol, Tenn., aggravated assault.
• Rejeania S. Dingus, 37, last known address Cherry Valley, Calif., custodial interference (two counts).
• Elliott Chase Harris, 26, 411 Allen Drive, Apt. 107, Kingsport, theft over $1,000.
• Joshua Alan Fields, 25, 607 W. Oakland Court., Johnson City, aggravated burglary, theft over $500.comments powered by Disqus