Kingsport Times News Wednesday, September 2, 2015
SNEAK PEEK: Take a first look at our new site and tell us what you think. »
Videos Local News

Child playing with lighter sparks fire in Kingsport apartment

March 5th, 2009 12:00 am by Staff Report

A child playing with a lighter sparked a fire in a Kingsport apartment Thursday.

No one was injured.

The Kingsport fire Department responded to Cloud Apartments about 11:30 a.m. Smoke was coming from an upstairs bedroom when units arrived, but the fire was quickly extinguished.

According to Barry Brickey, public information officers for the KFD, a child playing with a lighter in the bedroom ignited a mattress.

Family members of the child were home at the time, heard the child scream and responded to find fire in an upstairs bedroom.


comments powered by Disqus