Kingsport Times News Thursday, September 3, 2015
SNEAK PEEK: Take a first look at our new site and tell us what you think. »
Regional & National

Hamblen Co. man burned when kerosene heater explodes, destroys home

January 26th, 2009 12:00 am by Staff Report

The Morristown Citizen Tribune is reporting that a  Hamblen County man suffered burns on his face and upper body  Sunday  after an outdated kerosene heater exploded in his decrepit rental house.

Howard Bryant, 75, was taken to Vanderbilt Burn Center in Nashville where he was listed in stable condition Monday morning.

Bryant’s injuries are not believed to be life-threatening. A neighbor reported Bryant said he was standing close to the kerosene heater in his kitchen when it exploded around 11:30 a.m.

CLICK HERE for the full report.

comments powered by Disqus