JONESVILLE — A Lee County man who allegedly stole cattle from a neighbor and a Dryden man accused of seriously injuring three young children in a DUI-related crash were among 13 individuals indicted Friday by a Lee County grand jury.
Dana Ray Woliver Jr., 49, no address available, is charged with five counts of grand larceny for allegedly stealing three cows and two calves from his neighbor, Bob Jones.
Court records state that Jones went to a field west of Dot to check on his cattle on Dec. 30 and noticed that several were missing. Reports state that Jones then went to the defendant’s residence, but Woliver was not home. However, he noticed three cows and two calves in a fenced lot nearby. The gate to the lot was blocked by a pickup truck and a cattle trailer. Jones was able to identify the animals as his missing stock due to ear tags, the report states.
Jones then called the Lee County Sheriff’s Department, and a deputy came to the scene to file a report.
The day after the initial report was filed, court documents say, two of Jones’ cows were located two miles from the defendant’s home along Route 58 near the Powell River Bridge. The investigating officer’s report states that six other of Jones’ cows were missing, but it is not known if their being missing is related to the cattle on the Woliver property.
Billy Nathanaul Wilder, 24, Route 1, Box 1021, Dryden, was indicted on one count of maiming while driving under the influence and three counts of child endangerment for a Sept. 8 automobile crash that seriously injured three children.
Warrants allege that Wilder was driving under the influence when he crashed his automobile, ejecting himself and three children ages 11, 8 and 6. None of the occupants was belted or otherwise restrained during the crash. The 11-year-old suffered a broken shoulder and other injuries, while the 8-year-old suffered a head injury and had to be med-flighted for treatment.
Others indicted Friday, and their charges, include:
• Brandon Lee Barnette, 22, Southwest Virginia Regional Jail, grand larceny.
• Selena J. Begley, 24, P.O. Box 11, Keokee, one count each break and enter, grand larceny and conspire.
• Tina Louise Clark, 34, 520 Cemetery Drive, Pennington Gap, utter forged prescription.
• Summer Nicole Freeman, 22, Route 1, Box 174, Jonesville, bad checks.
• Wilburn Junior Hale, 33, Route 1, Box 541, Pennington Gap, two counts break and enter and one count each grand larceny and conspiracy.
• Buddy Duane Hardy, 33, 249 Highway 990, Coalgood, Ky., break and enter, grand larceny and two counts conspire.
• Daniel Masterson, 18, 323 Media St., Pennington Gap, receive stolen property.
• Andrew Rosenbaum, 18, Route 352, St. Charles, break and enter, grand larceny and two counts conspire.
• Ronald Steven Turner, 37, 137 Big Springs Road, Harrogate, Tenn., possess marijuana with the intent to distribute.
• Datashia L. Wilder, 22, Route 1, Box 18, Rose Hill, possess oxycodone.
One indictment was ordered sealed by the court.
An indictment is not an indication of guilt, and trials for the accused will be scheduled at a later date.