• TUSCULUM COLLEGIATE AND PRO Showcase Baseball Camp will be held Nov. 3-4 on the Greeneville campus. The cost is $175 with a deposit of $50 if received by Oct. 29 and $195 with a $50 deposit after that date. For more information, contact coach Brandon Steele at (423) 636-7300, ext. 5615, or go online at tusculumpioneers.com and click the Baseball tab.
• PITCHING LESSONS, for individuals and teams ages 9-14, are being offered by David Hoover, former pitching coach at Dobyns-Bennett and Daniel Boone. Call (423) 578-3427 for details.
• CHURCH HILL-MOUNT CARMEL-Surgoinsville Recreation Department is registering for youth basketball through September. Age brackets are 5-6 coed, 7-9 girls, 7-9 boys, 10-12 girls and 10-12 boys. Fee is $20 per child. Register at Church Hill City Hall from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday, or online at churchhilltn.gov. A child must turn 5 before Sept. 30, 2018, and may not turn 13 before that date to be eligible to play; please bring a copy of the child’s birth certificate when registering. Call the rec office at (423) 357-7010 with questions.
• COLONIAL HEIGHTS ATHLETIC COMMISSION is registering for youth basketball, age divisions 4-6, 7-8, 9-10 and 11-13. Deadline to sign up is Nov. 11. Go online at chacsports.leagueapps.com.
• SHOOTING STARS BLUE CHIP Basketball Fall Classic, for boys and girls grades 3-7, will be held Nov. 16-18 at Carver Rec Center in Johnson City. Entry fee is $80. Call (423) 341-0133 or email [email protected]
• SHOOTING STARS THANKSGIVING Hoops Invitational, for boys and girls grades 3-7, will be held Nov. 23-25. Entry fee is $80. Call (423) 341-0133 or email [email protected]
• TRAILBLAZER GOLF SCRAMBLE, benefiting the Daniel Boone golf team, is set for Saturday, Oct. 6 at Graysburg Hills in Chuckey. Cost for the four-person select-shot event is $55 per player. Sign-in is at 7 a.m. followed by an 8:30 a.m. shotgun start. Sponsorship signs are available for $100 each. Call Scott Martin at 737-6128.
• FIFTH CARL KNOX MEMORIAL Golf Classic will be held Saturday, Oct. 13 at Tri-Cities Golf Club in Blountville. The event, which benefits Cedar View Christian School, will begin with an 8:30 a.m. shotgun start. Cost is $60 per player or $240 per team. Call (423) 245-6341.
• BLUEGRASS HALF MARATHON, presented by The Goose Chase, will be held on Sunday, Sept. 30 at Founders Park in Johnson City. The Kid’s Race begins at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 28. For more information, go online at thegoosechase.org/bluegrass-half-marathon-relays.
• SIXTH ANNUAL FALCON 5K will be held Saturday, Sept. 29 at 7:30 p.m. beginning at the Church Hill Library. Entry fee is $20 for the race benefiting the Volunteer track and cross country programs. Registration begins at 5:30 p.m. Go online at runtricities.org for more information or to register.
• PINNACLE TRAIL CHALLENGE and Hunger Hike — benefiting the Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee — will be held Saturday, Sept. 29 at the Pinnacle Tower Trail in Unicoi. Preregistration for the Trail Challenge, which will start at 8:30 a.m., is available through Sept. 23 at a cost of $25; day-of-race registration is $35. The Hunger Hike, which will start at 9 a.m., is free for the whole family, though participants are asked to bring canned goods to donate. Find out more about the Trail Challenge and Hunger Hike on Facebook, or register online at athlinks.com/event/pinnacle-trail-challenge-and-family-fun-hike-178511.
• EASTMAN RECREATION women’s and mixed (six-person) volleyball leagues are now forming. All play will be on Mondays. Practice begins Sept. 17 and the season begins Oct. 15 at the V.O. Dobbins and Lynn View community centers. Entry fee is $100 per team. Those interested in organizing a team should call Jack Henry at 384-1765 or the Eastman Recreation Office at 229-3771. A managers’ meeting will be held Thursday, Oct. 4 at 5:30 p.m. in B-310. Rosters and entry fee should be submitted by that date. Go online at eastmanrecreationclub.com.
• YWCA OF NORTHEAST TENNESSEE and Southwest Virginia is offering a volleyball league for co-ed quad teams. Play, which will be held on Thursday evenings, will begin Nov. 9. Cost is $25 per player; team registration deadline is Monday, Nov. 6. Call the Y at (423) 968-9444 or email Patty Bailey at [email protected] for more information. Anyone interested in playing pickle ball also may contact Bailey.