The event, called the Global Leadership Summit, aims to provide “world-class leadership training” to people from all walks of life, and registration is open now.
“People attend this conference not just because they’re a church leader,” said Russ Brogden, one of the coordinators of the conference at First Broad Street. “They’re a leader in all walks of life, but the conference is Christ-centered.”
VIDEO: “Everyone Has Influence”
The two-day conference will take place live at Willow Creek Church in the Chicago area. It will be broadcast to more than 600 locations around the world, including First Broad Street.
Nathan Flora, First Broad Street’s executive director, said the church is the conference’s only host site in the Tri-Cities.
“One of the things that’s striking to me is having the kind of intimate communication access from some of these leaders that are very effective around the world,” Flora said. “You can’t just get that type of teaching easily, and this is a nice venue for that.”
The event will be held Aug. 9-10 from 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. and 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., respectively. In addition to the conference, Brogden said the church will have onsite facilitation to make the event more interactive.
VIDEO: 2017 Conference Highlights
• Craig Groeschel, co-founder and senior pastor of Life.Church
• Angela Ahrendts, senior vice president of retail for Apple
• T.D. Jakes, founder and senior pastor of the Potter’s House
• Simon Sinek, bestselling author and founder of “Start With Why”
• Sheila Heen, founder of Triad Consulting Group and faculty member at Harvard Law School
• Erwin McManus, author, futurist and founder of Mosaic, Los Angeles
• Danny Meyer, restaurateur and one of Time magazine’s “100 Most Influential People”
• David Livermore, president of the Cultural Intelligence Center and bestselling author
• Nthabiseng Legoete, founder and CEO of Quali Health and social entrepreneur
• Daniel Pink, New York Times bestselling author
• Rasmus Ankersen, bestselling author and entrepreneur
• Strive Masiyiwa, founder and chairman of Econet Group and philanthropist
• John C. Maxwell, leadership expert, bestselling author and coach
• Carla Harris, vice chairman, managing director and senior client advisor at Morgan Stanley
• Danielle Strickland, pastor, author and justice advocate
Participants should register online before the conference at www.fbsumc.org/global-leadership-conference. Registration fees, which do not include lunch, can be viewed at www.willowcreek.com/events/leadership.
The Rev. Harrison Bell, lead pastor of Wheeler United Methodist Church in Blountville, said his church chose to partner with First Broad Street for the event because of the quality training it provides.
“I think it improves your ability to influence others and ideally to influence them in a positive way,” Bell said. “Personally, it’s impacted how I give leadership to churches that I’m part of the leadership of and allows me to express myself better. It gives me insights into how I need to lead myself, as well as lead others.”