• PAUL HOILMAN BASEBALL CAMP, for ages 7-13, will be held June 4-7, from 8:30 a.m.-noon, at Science Hill in Johnson City. Go online at rbitricities.com to learn more.
• PITCHING LESSONS, for individuals and teams ages 9-14, are being offered by David Hoover, former pitching coach at Dobyns-Bennett and Daniel Boone. Call (423) 578-3427 for details.
• VELOCITY BASEBALL USSSA 11-under team is hosting private tryouts. Contact Coach Jay at (423) 833-1304, email [email protected] or go online at velocitybaseballofjc.teamapp.com for more information.
• CARSON-NEWMAN will conduct three basketball camps, for boys and girls grades 3-12, this summer. Drill Factory camps will be held from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on June 4-8 and July 2-6, with the Friday of instruction finishing at 2 p.m. Cost is $145 per camp or $260 for a player participating in both camps. A shooting camp will be held from noon-3 p.m. on Aug. 6-10; fee is $75. To learn more, call Eagles assistant coach Shane Williams at (423) 943-3037 or email [email protected]
• LINCOLN MEMORIAL Men’s Basketball Team Camp, offering both commuter and overnight options, will run June 7-9. The fee for commuting teams is $150 with a cost of $50 per player. The fee for teams with the overnight option is $150 per team with a $225 rate per player. For more information, contact Railsplitters assistant coach Jeremiah Samarrippas at [email protected]
• RIDGEVIEW BOYS BASKETBALL CAMP, for rising grades 2-8, will be held June 7-8, from 9 a.m.-noon. Cost is $25. Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. on June 7. Email coach Evan McCowan at [email protected] for more information.
• VIRGINIA-WISE BOYS TEAM Basketball Camp will be held June 10-12 at the Prior Center. The camp features seven games with competition from teams in Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia and North Carolina. A team deposit is required to register. Go online at uvawisebasketballcamps.com, or call the Virginia-Wise Basketball Office at (276) 376-3425 or email [email protected]
• ROBIN DOTSON BASKETBALL CAMP, for girls grades 1-8, will be held June 11-13, from 9-11:45 a.m., at Central High School. Campers may register the day of the camp or pick up registration forms at Wise- and Pound-area schools; the camp is open to girls from any school. The cost per camper is $50. For more information or to preregister, call Dotson, the Lady Warriors’ state championship-winning coach, at (276) 393-3964 (cell) or (276) 328-8015 (school), or email [email protected]
• LINCOLN MEMORIAL is hosting two single-day Men’s Basketball Elite Camps, on June 10 and Aug. 19. Fee per attendee is $75. For more information, contact Railsplitters assistant coach Jeremiah Samarrippas at [email protected]
• CARSON-NEWMAN LADY EAGLE basketball camp, for second- through eighth-graders, will take place June 11-14, from 9 a.m.-noon daily, at Holt Fieldhouse in Jefferson City. Cost per camper is $70; Lady Eagles coach Mike Mincey is conducting the camp. For more information, go online at cneagles.com and click the Women’s Basketball tab.
• LINCOLN MEMORIAL men’s basketball is hosting two individual skills camps, on June 11-15 and July 30-Aug. 2 at Tex Turner Arena. Preregistration fee is $85 and day-of-camp fee is $100. For more information, contact Railsplitters assistant coach Jeremiah Samarrippas at [email protected]
• VIRGINIA-WISE INDIVIDUAL Basketball Camp, with full and half-day options, will be held June 18-22 at the Prior Center. The full-day camp is for ages 7 through rising eighth-graders; registration fee is $135. The half-day camp is for ages 5-7; registration fee is $75. Go online at uvawisebasketballcamps.com, or call the Virginia-Wise Basketball Office at (276) 376-3425 or email [email protected]
• VIRGINIA-WISE ELITE Basketball Camp, for high school players aspiring to compete at the collegiate level, will be held June 22-23 at the Prior Center. The camp will include position-specific instructions from Cavaliers coaching staff members. Commuter registration is $70 and overnight registration is $100. Go online at uvawisebasketballcamps.com, or call the Virginia-Wise basketball office at (276) 376-3425 or email [email protected]
• ETSU WOMEN’S BASKETBALL and coach Brittney Ezell will conduct a Future Bucs Camp, for boys and girls ages 7-13, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on Saturday, June 23 inside Brooks Gym in Johnson City. Cost is $30. For more information and to register, go online at BrittneyEzellBasketball.com.
• ETSU WOMEN’S BASKETBALL and coach Brittney Ezell will hold a Buccaneer Experience Camp for high schoolers on Aug. 4-5 inside Brooks Gym in Johnson City. The Wednesday, Aug. 4 camp is for rising juniors and seniors, and the Thursday, Aug. 5 camp is for rising freshmen and sophomores. Cost is 50. To register, go online at BrittneyEzellBasketball.com. For more information, call the ETSU women’s basketball offices at (423) 439--5330 or email [email protected]
• SUMMER LEAGUE BASKETBALL signups, for boys and girls grades 3-12, run April 15-June 30. The 12-game season starts July 9. Entry fee is $250 per team. Call (423) 341-0133 or email [email protected]
• CARSON-NEWMAN cheer coach Christy Bowlin will conduct a cheer camp for third- through ninth-graders on July 20-22 on the Jefferson City campus. Cost of the three-day, two-night camp is $205 per camper/coach for overnight campers and $175 for commuters. To register or learn more, call Bowlin at (423) 416-2395 or email [email protected]
• HOLSTON ARMY AMMUNITION PLANT is accepting applications for four one-day fishing events along the restricted section of the Holston River within the installation’s boundaries. The events are scheduled for June 23, June 24, June 30 and July 1. Individuals must apply for the opportunity and participants will be selected by a random drawing. A strict set of guidelines, designed to ensure installation safety and security standards, will be maintained during each one-day event. Applications are available online at holstonwildlife.webs.com or may be requested by mail by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Holston Army Ammunition Plant, Attn: Fishing Information, 4509 West Stone Drive, Kingsport TN 37660. Completed applications must be received by June 1, 2018, to be considered in the drawing. For more information, contact Bruce Cole, HSAAP natural resources manager, at (423) 578-6276.
• CARSON-NEWMAN Youth Football Camp, for players ages 5-11, will be held May 29-June 1, from 9 a.m.-noon, on the school’s Jefferson City campus. Cost is $100. For more information, go online at cneagles.com and click the Football tab or call Aaron Hutsell at (865) 471-4794.
• CARSON-NEWMAN Offensive Line Camp, for junior high and high school athletes who haven’t enrolled for his senior year in high school, will be held June 10-13 at Burke-Tarr Stadium in Jefferson City. Cost is $250 for overnight campers and $150 for day campers. For more information, go online at cneagles.com and click the Football tab or contact Eagles coach Mike Turner at [email protected] or (865) 471-3364.
• CARSON-NEWMAN ONE-DAY Technique Camp will be held July 14 on the Jefferson City campus. Cost is $35 to preregister or $40 for day-of walk-ups. For more information, go online at cneagles.com and click the Football tab.
• BOYS & GIRLS CLUB of Greater Kingsport summer flag football league signups — with age divisions for 5-6, 7-8, 9-10 and 11-12 — are underway. Sign up Monday through Friday during regular business hours at the Eastman Center located behind Pratt’s BBQ on Stone Drive in Kingsport. Practice begins May 29 and the season starts June 11. Cost is $25 for club members and $35 for nonmembers. For more information, call Travis Herron at (423) 429-3642 or Tay Smith at (423) 732-1115.
• TILLINGHAST INVITATIONAL is coming up June 2-3 at Johnson City Country Club. The 36-hole, stroke-play event is open to all amateur golfers, who may declare for the championship flight or be pre-flighted based on handicaps. Seniors divisions are offered. Entry fee is $145; carts are available for $22. Limited to first 128 paid entries. Call the JCCC pro shop at (423) 928-5161.
• MOUNTAIN EMPIRE’S National Football Foundation Scholarship golf tournament will be held Friday, June 22 at Crockett Ridge in Kingsport. Cost for the captain’s choice event featuring four-man teams is $60 per player; shotgun start at 8 a.m. Call George Jordan at 612-3915; golfers must Preregister to be eligible for door prizes.
• WOLF RUN, part of the Skelton Law Racing Series and a Kingsport Fun Fest event, will take place Tuesday, July 17, starting at 6:30 p.m., at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. Contact race director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or go online at RunTriCities.org.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, a 15-miler and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will take place Saturday, Sept. 15, starting at 8 a.m., at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. Contact race director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or go online at RunTriCities.org.
• APPALACHIA RAILROAD DAYS 5K, 3-mile power walk and 1-mile fun walk will be held Saturday, Aug. 4 in Appalachia. Preregistration for the 5K is $14; day-of-race fee is $15. Preregistration for the walk events is $10; day-of-race fee is $11. For more information, contact Randy Blair at (276) 393-9577.
• CARSON-NEWMAN SOCCER CAMPS for boys and girls will be conducted concurrently on June 3-7 in Jefferson City. A mini-camp, for ages 4-7, runs from 9 a.m.-noon each day; fee is $100. A day camp, for players ages 7 and older, runs from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. each day; fee is $195. The final camp, for players 12 and older, is a residential, overnight camp; fee is $375. Contact Matt Carr at [email protected] or Stephen Lyons at [email protected] for more information.
• ETSU SOCCER CAMP, with half-day and full-day options will be held June 11-14 at Summers-Taylor Stadium. The half-day camp, for ages 5-14, runs from 8:45 a.m.-noon; cost is $135. The full-day camp, for ages 10-14, runs from 8:45a.m.-4 p.m.; cost is $215. Contact Josh Scott at (423)-439-8437 or [email protected], or visit bucssocceracademy.com.
• ETSU RESIDENTIAL SOCCER CAMP, which is geared toward serious players ages 12 and older, will be held July 18-21 at Summers-Taylor Stadium. Check-in on July 18 is from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; session times TBA. The fees are $375 for a commuting camper and $475 for a residential camper. Contact Josh Scott at (423)-439-8437 or [email protected], or visit bucssocceracademy.com.
• TUSCULUM JOY OF SOCCER CAMP, a co-ed/individual/high school age ID camp for players ages 7-17, will be held July 15-19. For more information, contact women’s coach Mike Joy at (423) 636-7321 or [email protected]
• RBI SUMMER SOFTBALL CAMP, for ages 8-14, will be held June 4-7, from 1-4:30 p.m., at Science Hill in Johnson City. Go online at rbitricities.com to learn more.
• FUTURE STARS OF SPORTS Fastpitch World Series will be held July 19-22 at Winged Deer Park in Johnson City, White Top Creek Park in Bristol, Tenn., Grandview Elementary in Telford and Ridgeview Elementary in Johnson City. The event features pool play and a double-elimination bracket with a five-game guarantee. Entry fee is $475 per team. Call Ron Ray at (502) 841-0103.
• EAST TENNESSEE LADY WOLFPACK 10-under and 12-under softball teams are looking for players, with an emphasis on finding a 10-under pitcher. For more information on the Christian-based softball program out of Jonesborough, contact Joshua Edens at (423) 361-4605, Daniel Dunbar Jr. at (423) 483-1490 or check out the Lady Wolfpack Softball Facebook page.