• INDIVIDUAL PITCHING LESSONS, for ages 9-14, are being offered by David Hoover, the former Dobyns-Bennett and Daniel Boone pitching coach. Call 578-3427 for details.
• FALL BASEBALL CLASSIC TOURNAMENTS, for 18-under high school or select teams and hosted by Cleveland State Community College, will take place Aug. 26-27, Sept. 23-24 and Oct. 14-15. Entry fee is $475 plus a dozen baseballs per tournament. Contact Aaron Bryant at (423) 473-2445 or email@example.com.
• KINGSPORT INDIANS 14-UNDER baseball team will hold tryouts for the 2018 season on Tuesday, Aug. 29, from 6-8 p.m., at Domtar Park. To be eligible, a player may not turn 15 before April 30, 2018. For more information, call (423) 765-3790.
• SHOOTING STARS 3-ON-3 Fall Youth Basketball League signups, for boys and girls grades 4-12, run through Aug. 31. The league features a 12-game season, which starts Sept. 3, plus a tournament. Games will be played on Sundays only at Science Hill in Johnson City. Entry fee is $150 per team. Call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• CHURCH HILL/MOUNT CARMEL/SURGOINSVILLE Recreation Department began a conditioning program for football on July 17. The program, which takes place at the Church Hill Elementary School fields, runs from 6:30-8 p.m. each Monday and Thursday. All football players ages 6-12 are welcome to attend; there is no charge. Call (423) 357-7010 with further questions.
• CHURCH HILL/MOUNT CARMEL/SURGOINSVILLE Recreation Department has extended its registration period for football (age brackets 6-8 and 9-12) through Aug. 18, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday. Register at Church Hill City Hall or online at churchhilltn.gov. Fee is $40 for city residents and $50 for non-city residents. To be eligible, a child must turn 6 before Sept. 30, 2017, and the child may not turn 13 before that date or must be in the seventh grade. Call (423) 357-7010 with further questions.
• SCOTT COUNTY PARK and Golf Course has several events coming up this summer. In addition to Wednesday Night Scrambles, which begin at 6 p.m., the park will hold a Glo-Ball tournament on Aug. 18. For more information, call the pro shop at (276) 452-4168.
• TRIBE BASKETBALL GOLF Classic will be held Saturday, Sept. 23 at the Club at Ridgefields in Kingsport. The entry fee per team is $400, and sponsorship packages are available. Contact Dobyns-Bennett coach Chris Poore at (423) 747-7184 or email@example.com for more information or to reserve a spot.
• LINCOLN MEMORIAL men's lacrosse and the Kingsport Knights club team are hosting a free lacrosse clinic from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 26 in Kingsport at a location to be determined. Members of the Railsplitters coaching staff and players will provide instruction to develop lacrosse skills and IQ for youth players from the Tri-Cities area. For players of all skill levels, the clinic's aim is to introduce the game to children who have never played lacrosse. It's also open to any playing member from an NTSA-affiliated club from the 2017 season. Players must have a stick, helmet, shoulder pads, elbow pads, gloves, mouth guard and an athletic supporter to participate. Go online at lmurailsplitters.com and click the Lacrosse tab to learn more.
• HEART FOR HAITI 5K, hosted by Ragged Edge Ministries, will be held Saturday, Aug. 26 at Sugar Hollow Park in Bristol, Va. Registration will begin at 9 a.m. and the race at 10 a.m. along the cross country course. Cost is $25. To learn more, contact Paul Maggard at (276) 393-0220 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Norma Mullins at (423) 384-6175 or email@example.com.
• FIFTH CHURCH HILL MEDICAL MISSION 5K Flamingo Run will be held Saturday, Aug. 26 at Church Hill's Derrick Park (behind Food City). Registration starts at 7 a.m. and the run begins at 8 a.m. Entry fee before Aug. 20 is $25 and $35 thereafter. For more information, email Tammy Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, a 15-mile trail race and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held on Saturday, Sept. 23, starting at 8 a.m. Contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.
• ASCENT AT MOUNTAIN AIR 5K will be held Saturday, Oct. 14 in Burnsville, N.C. Registration is limited to 200 runners. Learn more online at Ascent at Mountain Air website.
• CROOKED RIVER HALF MARATHON, part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held at 3 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 15 at The Lodge at Crooked River on AP Carter Highway in Virginia. Contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SNAP FITNESS of Kingsport is offering a free women's self-defense class on Saturdays from noon-1 p.m. starting Sept. 2. Snap Fitness is in the Kingsport Pavilion, 2626 E. Stone Dr.
• CHURCH HILL/MOUNT CARMEL/SURGOINSVILLE Recreation Department began a conditioning program for outdoor soccer on July 17. The program, which takes place at the Church Hill Elementary School fields, runs from 6:30-8 p.m. each Monday and Thursday. All soccer players ages 7-13 are welcome to attend; there is no charge. Call (423) 357-7010 with further questions.
• CHURCH HILL/MOUNT CARMEL/SURGOINSVILLE Recreation Department has extended its registration period for outdoor soccer (age brackets 7-9 and 10-13) through Aug. 18, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday. Register at Church Hill City Hall or online at churchhilltn.gov. Fee is $20 for city residents and $30 for non-city residents; the child must turn 7 and may not turn 14 before Sept. 30, 2017, to be eligible. Call (423) 357-7010 with further questions.
• CARSON-NEWMAN ONE-DAY Instruction Camp, for girls of all ages, will be held from 9 a.m.-noon on Saturday, Nov. 4 at the Vickee Kazee-Hollifield Softball Complex on the campus in Jefferson City. Check-in that day begins at 8:30 a.m. Cost is $45. Register online at cneagles.com/camps or contact Coach Kazee-Hollifield at email@example.com or assistant coach Michael Graves at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• GIRLS 18-UNDER SOFTBALL team is forming and all positions are needed. Call Bill Troutman at (423) 677-8944 for more information.
• KINGSPORT PIRANHAS FALL CLINIC and tryouts, for all swimmers interested in joining the Piranhas, will be held Aug. 14-24 at Dobyns-Bennett. Cost is $80. Register online at KingsportPiranhas.com. For more information, call Jorge Blasini at (423) 967-4264 or email email@example.com.
• KINGSPORT PIRANHAS DEVELOPMENTAL Swim School for ages 4 and up is accepting registrations for the fall sessions, Aug. 15-Sept. 12 and Sept. 19-Oct. 24, at Dobyns-Bennett. Cost is $120. Register online at KingsportPiranhas.com. For more information, call Jorge Blasini at (423) 967-4264 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.