Upcoming Events as of Jan. 29
Jan 30, 2018 at 10:45 AM
The Upcoming Events list is a public service of the Times-News. To submit an event, email the Sports Department at email@example.com, fax listing information to (423) 392-1385 or contact the Sports Department after 6 p.m. at (423) 392-1323 or 1-800-251-0328, ext. 4323. Submissions must be received at least one week prior to the event and include sport, dates, deadlines, location and contact information.
• RBI’s WINTER BASEBALL Hitting Camp for ages 8-14 will be held from 9 a.m. to noon on Feb 3. Visit rbitricities.com for more information.
• ELIZABETHTON/CARTER COUNTY Youth Baseball-Softball Association will hold baseball signups for kids ages 4-12 every Saturday in February from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Parks and Recreation office. Parents must bring the child’s birth certificate.
• VELOCITY BASEBALL USSSA 11-under team is hosting private tryouts. Contact Coach Jay at (423) 833-1304, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go online at velocitybaseballofjc.teamapp.com for more information.
• SHOOTING STARS Tri State Invitational, for boys and girls grades 3-8, will be held Feb. 10 at Science Hill in Johnson City. Entry fee is $90. Call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• FUTURE STARS Mountain Invitational, for boys and girls grades 3-8, will be held Feb. 17-18 at Carver Recreation Center. Entry fee is $90. Call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SHOOTING STARS Tri-Cities Winter Classic, for boys and girls grades 3-8, will be held Feb. 24 at Science Hill in Johnson City. Entry fee is $90. Call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• KINGSPORT PARKS AND RECREATION will hold a glow-in-the-dark dodgeball tournament, with divisions for ages 13-16 and for 17 and older, from 7-9 p.m., Feb. 9 at the V.O. Dobbins Community Center, 301 Louis Street, Kingsport. The cost to play is $2 per person. Teams of six with two substitutes will be allowed. Call (423) 224-2489 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 2018 SKELTON LAW RACING SERIES begins with the Surgoinsville 10 Miler at 8 a.m. on Feb. 24 at Surgoinsville Middle School. The event is SFTC Long Distance Series, SFTC King and Queen competition and RRCA Southern Region 10 Mile Championship. Contact race director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or visit www.RunTriCities.org.
• FC Dallas TRI registration is open for both competitive and recreational programs. Fees range from $75 to $280. Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.