• VIRGINIA-WISE BASEBALL Prospect Camp will be held Saturday, Oct. 28 at Stallard Field. The pro-style camp is open to high school and junior college-age players interested in playing NCAA Division II baseball. The cost is $40. Registration will open at 9:30 a.m. and the camp will begin at 10 a.m. Athletes may preregister online at uvawisecavs.com, under the Baseball tab.
• INDIVIDUAL PITCHING LESSONS, for ages 9-14, are being offered by David Hoover, the former Dobyns-Bennett and Daniel Boone pitching coach. Call 578-3427 for details.
• KINGSPORT PARKS AND RECREATION youth basketball registration is underway. Leagues are offered for boys ages 5-17 and girls ages 5-15. Participants must live inside Kingsport city limits or attend city schools or parents must own property within the city. Registration for children ages 5-12 runs through Oct. 16. Registration for children ages 13-17 runs through Oct. 30. Cost is $20 per child, which does not include a jersey fee. Register at the Civic Auditorium Athletic Office Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Call (423) 229-9459 or email email@example.com to learn more.
• ADULT BASKETBALL LEAGUE, hosted by Church Hill/Mount Carmel/Surgoinsville Recreation, will be registering teams from Oct. 16-Nov. 3. The leagues for men and women will feature a three-on-three, halfcourt format. Each roster may have no more than eight players, and players are allowed to be on only one roster. Entry fee is $100 per team. To learn more, call the Rec Office at (423) 357-7010 or email Tim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• FUTURE BEARS YOUTH Basketball League signups, for boys in grades 2-7, will run Oct. 17-19 from 6-7:30 p.m. in the Union Middle School gym hallway. The participation fee is $25. All new and returning players must sign up. Also, a two-day Future Bears Basketball Camp will be held Sunday, Oct. 29 from 2-4 p.m. and Monday, Oct. 30 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Union High School. The fee for the camp is $20.
• 20TH SHOOTING STARS Fall Tipoff Classic, for boys and girls in grades 3-7, will take place Nov. 11-12 at Science Hill in Johnson City. Entry fee is $90 (three-game guarantee). For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• FUTURE STARS Fall Invitational Youth Classic, for boys and girls in grades 3-7, will be held Nov. 18-19 at the Carver Recreation Center in Johnson City. Entry fee is $90 (three-game guarantee). For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SHOOTING STARS Thanksgiving Invitational, for boys and girls in grades 3-7, will be held Nov. 25-26 at Science Hill in Johnson City. Entry fee is $90 (three-game guarantee). For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• KINGSPORT TRIBE fifth-grade travel basketball team tryouts will be held Thursday, Oct. 26 at 6 p.m. at TNT Sportsplex in Kingsport. For more information, call or text (423) 782-8702.
• TWO-MAN SCRAMBLE, hosted by the FOP State Trooper Lodge No. 60, will be held on Friday, Oct. 20, beginning at 1 p.m., at Cattails at MeadowView in Kingsport. Two flights — 60 and older and 60 and under — are offered. Entry fee is $130 per team, and registration and lunch will take place prior to the event. Sponsorships are available. To learn more, call Tim Wolfenbarger at (423) 340-1437 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• TUSCULUM HOMECOMING Golf Tournament will be held Friday, Oct. 20 at Link Hills Country Club in Greeneville. The four-person, captain’s choice event will begin with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. The cost is $100 per player; Tusculum alumni receive a $25 discount). Sponsorships are available. Contact Blake Cantrell, director of athletic development, at (423) 636-7331 or email@example.com.
• DOBYNS-BENNETT BASEBALL Golf Challenge will be held Saturday, Oct. 28 at Crockett Ridge Golf Course in Kingsport. The four-person, select-shot tournament will start at 9 a.m. Cost is $75 per player and Texas Roadhouse lunch is included. Contact Jennifer McDavid at (423) 956-0445 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• INAUGURAL THREE-PERSON Fall Scramble will take place Nov. 4-5 at Lonesome Pine Country Club in Jonesville. Saturday's round will serve both as the first round and the qualifying round. Entry fee is $55 for LPCC members and $75 for non-members, which includes a daily cart fee. Call (276) 523-0739 to enter.
• 27th STEVEN ROWLETT Memorial Road Race will be held Saturday, Oct. 28 in Pennington Gap. The 1-mile fun run/walk begins at 8:30 a.m. and the 5K at 9 a.m. Fee is $10 per person with race-day registration at Lee Bank, 41371 West Morgan Ave., Pennington Gap. Call (276) 546-2211 to learn more.
• CARSON-NEWMAN ONE-DAY Instruction Camp, for girls of all ages, will be held from 9 a.m.-noon on Saturday, Nov. 4 at the Vickee Kazee-Hollifield Softball Complex on the Jefferson City campus. Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Cost is $45. Register online at cneagles.com/camps or contact Coach Kazee-Hollifield at email@example.com or assistant coach Michael Graves at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• GIRLS 18-UNDER softball team is forming and all positions are needed. Call Bill Troutman at (423) 677-8944 for more information.
• SULLIVAN NORTH invites male and female students to wrestle in TSSAA competition this year as part of a co-op agreement with the Sullivan South wrestling program. The first day of practice is Monday, Oct. 30, but preseason workouts are underway. Athletes must have a physical before participating. To learn more, email email@example.com or call (423) 914-2237 after 5 p.m.
• REBEL AAU WRESTLING is registering for the 2017-18 season. Boys and girls ages 5-14 may register on Oct. 23, 24 and 26 at 5:30 p.m. at the Sullivan South wrestling building across from the baseball field. Cost is $50 for the year. For more information, call (423) 914-2237 after 5 p.m. or email firstname.lastname@example.org.