• INDIVIDUAL PITCHING LESSONS, for ages 9-14, are being offered by David Hoover, the former Dobyns-Bennett and Daniel Boone pitching coach. Call 578-3427 for details.
• FALL BASEBALL CLASSIC tournaments, for 18-under high school or select teams and hosted by Cleveland State Community College, will take place Sept. 23-24 and Oct. 14-15. Entry fee is $475 plus a dozen baseballs per tournament. Contact Aaron Bryant at (423) 473-2445 or email@example.com.
• KINGSPORT INDIANS 14-UNDER baseball team will hold tryouts for the 2018 season on Tuesday, Aug. 29, from 6-8 p.m., on Field 5 at Domtar Park and on Thursday, Aug. 31, from 7:30 to 9 p.m. on Field 1 at Brickyard Park. There are no zoning restrictions. To be eligible, a player may not turn 15 before April 30, 2018. For more information, call (423) 765-3790.
• JUNIOR INDIAN Basketball Academy, for boys and girls ages in grades 2-5 and coached by Dobyns-Bennett staff and players, will be held from 6-7:30 p.m., Sept. 20, Sept. 27, Oct. 4 and Oct. 11 at TNT Sportsplex, 600 East Main St., Kingsport. Cost is $50. Visit the TNT Sportsplex Facebook page for a registration form.
• SHOOTING STARS 3-ON-3 Fall Youth Basketball League signups, for boys and girls grades 4-12, run through Aug. 31. The league features a 12-game season, which starts Sept. 3, plus a tournament. Games will be played on Sundays only at Science Hill in Johnson City. Entry fee is $150 per team. Call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• CHURCH HILL TROUT RODEO, sponsored by VFW Post 9754, Buffalo Springs Fish Hatchery, CASVA Angus Farm and Food City, will take place on Saturday, Sept. 23 at Jaycees Park, 455 N. Central Ave., Church Hill. Running from 8:30-10 a.m., the Trout Rodeo is for children ages 4-16 and offers age divisions of 4-7, 8-11 and 12-16. Trophies will be awarded, and there will be a chance for the kids to win a new bicycle. Register your child either at Church Hill City Hall or at Jaycees Park before 8:15 a.m. the day of the event. Call the Recreation Department at (423) 357-7010 with further questions.
• SULLINS ACADEMY Scholarship Golf Tournament will be held Friday, Sept. 22 at the Country Club of Bristol. Fees are $100 per player and $400 per team. Sponsorship opportunities are available. Register online at sullinsacademy.org/fundraisers.
• TRIBE BASKETBALL GOLF Classic will be held Saturday, Sept. 23 at the Club at Ridgefields in Kingsport. The entry fee per team is $400, and sponsorship packages are available. Contact Dobyns-Bennett coach Chris Poore at (423) 747-7184 or email@example.com for more information or to reserve a spot.
• 17TH DARRELL RICE KIWANIS Golf Tournament will be held Wednesday, Oct. 4 at Cattails at MeadowView in Kingsport. Registration for the captain’s choice (four-person team) event is at 11 a.m., lunch at 11:30 and a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Entry fee is $100 per person. Sponsorships are available. Call Lee Cornell at (423) 230-0530.
• TUSCULUM HOMECOMING Golf Tournament will be held Friday, Oct. 20 at Link Hills Country Club in Greeneville. The four-person, captain’s choice event will begin with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. The cost is $100 per player; Tusculum alumni receive a $25 discount). Sponsorships are available. For more information, contact Blake Cantrell, director of athletic development, at (423) 636-7331 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, a 15-mile trail race and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held on Saturday, Sept. 23, starting at 8 a.m. Contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.
• TRI-CITIES ST. JUDE WALK/RUN to End Childhood Cancer will be held Saturday, Sept. 23 at the Pinnacle in Bristol, Tenn. Registration for the event is $10 for the walk (adults and children age 6 or older) and $20 for the timed 5K run. The run will begin at 8 a.m. and the walk at 8:30 a.m. For more information or to make a donation, volunteer or register, go online at stjude.org/walkrun.
• 18TH STICK BOY MAYVIEW MADNESS 5K Run/Walk will be held Saturday, Sept. 30 in Blowing Rock, N.C. Proceeds from the event benefit the Blue Ridge Conservancy. Fee for the 5K walk is $25 if registered by Sept. 27; day-of-race registration is $30. Fee for the 1-mile kids race is $15 before Sept. 27 or $20 the day of the event. To register, go online at register.chronotrack.com/r/32088. Day-of-race registration is at Blowing Rock Recreation Center, 145 Park Ave., Blowing Rock, N.C. 28605.
• ASCENT AT MOUNTAIN AIR 5K will be held Saturday, Oct. 14 in Burnsville, N.C. Registration is limited to 200 runners. Learn more online at the Ascent at Mountain Air website.
• CROOKED RIVER HALF MARATHON, part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held at 3 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 15 at The Lodge at Crooked River on AP Carter Highway in Virginia. Contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SNAP FITNESS of Kingsport is offering a free women's self-defense class on Saturdays from noon-1 p.m. starting Sept. 2. Snap Fitness is in the Kingsport Pavilion, 2626 E. Stone Dr.
• CARSON-NEWMAN ONE-DAY Instruction Camp, for girls of all ages, will be held from 9 a.m.-noon on Saturday, Nov. 4 at the Vickee Kazee-Hollifield Softball Complex on the campus in Jefferson City. Check-in that day begins at 8:30 a.m. Cost is $45. Register online at cneagles.com/camps or contact Coach Kazee-Hollifield at email@example.com or assistant coach Michael Graves at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• GIRLS 18-UNDER SOFTBALL team is forming and all positions are needed. Call Bill Troutman at (423) 677-8944 for more information.
• KINGSPORT PIRANHAS Developmental Swim School for ages 4 and up is accepting registrations for one remaining fall session, Sept. 19-Oct. 24, at Dobyns-Bennett. Cost is $120. Register online at KingsportPiranhas.com. For more information, call Jorge Blasini at (423) 967-4264 or email email@example.com.
• EASTMAN RECREATION is organizing women’s and mixed volleyball leagues. Practice begins Sept. 18 and the season begins Oct. 16. There will be a managers meeting on Thursday, Oct. 5 at 5:30 p.m. in room B-310. Entry fee is $100 per team. For more information, call (423) 229-3771 or Jack Henry at (423) 384-1765.