Among them are some changes to the high school football schedule, a date change for the Sharky 500 fundraiser for Speedway Children's Charities and the Walk to End Alzheimer’s in Kingsport, and the cancellation of the 40th Annual Lonesome Pine Band Festival in Wise.
* The Castlewood at Northwood varsity football game has been moved to Monday at 7 p.m.
* The George Wythe at Honaker varsity football game has been moved to Monday at 7 p.m.
* The Patrick Henry at Rural Retreat varsity football game has been moved to Monday at 7 p.m.
* The eighth annual Sharky 500, which features a race by hundreds of rubber sharks down Beaver Creek to raise funds for Speedway Children’s Charities, has been rescheduled for Saturday, Oct. 17.
* The Kingsport Walk to End Alzheimer’s set for Saturday has been cancelled due to the possibility of heavy rain and out of safety concerns for event participants. According to a news release from the Alzheimer’s Association, event officials are working on alternative plans.
* The 40th Annual Lonesome Pine Band Festival, scheduled to be held at Central Warriors Stadium on the campus of Wise Central High School in Norton on Saturday, Oct. 3, has been cancelled.
* Due to inclement weather, UVa-Wise will offer free admission to anyone who wants to attend tomorrow's football game against West Virginia State University. Kickoff for Homecoming 2015 is scheduled for 3 p.m.
* The UVa-Wise men's and women's tennis non-conference road match scheduled for Saturday at 12 p.m. in Banner Elk, North Carolina, against Lees McRae College has been postponed due to heavy rain forecasted for the area. The match will be made up later during the spring season, a date and time for the match will be decided upon later.
* The King University soccer doubleheader originally scheduled for Saturday against the University of Mount Olive has been moved to Sunday. Kickoff times will remain the same with the Tornado women taking on the Trojans at 1 p.m. at Parks Field with the men to follow at 3 p.m.
* The Milligan women's soccer home match versus Point University originally scheduled for Saturday will be played Sunday, Oct. 4 , at 2 p.m. at Science Hill High School.
* The Milligan men’s soccer home match versus Point University originally scheduled for Saturday has been postponed with a makeup date to be determined.
* The Milligan volleyball home match versus Columbia College originally scheduled for Saturday has been postponed with a makeup date to be determined. Friday's match against St. Andrews will still take place at 6:30 p.m.
* The Milligan cross country meet at USC Upstate has been removed from the schedule. Milligan will reschedule another meet to take its place sometime in October.
* The Milligan swimming meet at Columbia College has been removed from the schedule, and the makeup date for it will be determined later.