* THE BPA FALL BALL CLASH baseball tournament for 8-under through 15-under teams will be held Aug. 22-24 at Domtar Park in Kingsport. There's a three-game guarantee. Contact Greg Creech at (423) 963-0700 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the tournament website, http://www.etnbpa.com.
* HOLSTON RIVER CHALLENGE, a USSSA baseball tournament for ages 8-under to 15-under, is Aug. 30-31 at Domtar Park in Kingsport. Contact Lance Sawyer at (423) 367-8888 or Kelly Morton at (423) 306-9665.
* MODEL CITY MANIA, a USSSA baseball tournament for ages 8-under to 15-under, is Sept. 6-7 at Domtar Park in Kingsport. Contact Lance Sawyer at (423) 367-8888 or Kelly Morton at (423) 306-9665.
* FALL HARVEST CLASSIC, a USSSA baseball tournament for ages 8-under to 15-under, is Sept. 20-21 at Domtar Park in Kingsport. Contact Lance Sawyer at (423) 367-8888 or Kelly Morton at (423) 306-9665.
* DOMTAR LAST CHANCE, a USSSA baseball tournament for ages 8-under to 15-under, is Oct. 11-12 at Domtar Park in Kingsport. Contact Lance Sawyer at (423) 367-8888 or Kelly Morton at (423) 306-9665.
* TEAM TENNESSEE 12-UNDER Major Baseball is hosting tryouts for fall 2014/spring 2015/Cooperstown 2015. The Knoxville-based team is looking for four players. Email TeamTNBaseball@yahoo.com.
* 12-UNDER GREENEVILLE MARLINS are holding tryouts for the fall season and spring 2015 season. We are looking for dedicated players. Contact Doug Whaley at (423) 329-9437.
* EAST TENNESSEE SELECT 10U baseball tryout, Sunday 2 p.m. at Temple Star field. Call (276) 608-9434 for details.
* DOBYNS-BENNETT will host an elementary fall basketball league for boys and girls grades 2-5. This league will be run by D-B coaches and focus on the fundamentals of the game. Deadline is Aug. 25. For more information, contact email@example.com or pick up registration forms from the D-B activities office or print one off from the D-B boys and girls basketball web pages.
* 2014-2015 ETABL SPORTS TOURNAMENTS, competitive third through eighth grade, boys and girls, signing up teams now. Multiple team discounts, same-team multiple tournament discounts and three-game guarantee. To be held at the Boys & Girls Club of Elizabethton/Carter County facility. Contact Jim Hosmer at (423) 895-5748 or Jeff Gray at (423) 863-5518. Website: www.etabl.net.
* ANNUAL CHURCH HILL TROUT RODEO will be held Saturday, Sept. 6 at Jaycees Park. Children ages 4-16 can participate in the fishing competition, with age divisions for 4-7, 8-11 and 12-16. One trophy will be awarded to each age division for the child that catches the first fish and the first child to catch the limit of three. An overall trophy will be given to the child that catches the largest fish of the day. There will be a chance for the children to win a new bicycle as well as doughnuts, drinks and plenty of fun for everyone. The event will be held from 8:30-10:30 a.m. at Jaycees Park, 455 N. Central Ave., Church Hill. Register your child at the Church Hill City Hall or at Jaycees Park prior to 8:30 a.m. on the day of the event. Contact the Church Hill, Mount Carmel, Surgoinsville Recreation Department at (423) 357-7010 with any questions.
* APPALACHIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE, for children ages 7-12 (Tri-Cities Christian School elementary). Junior varsity and varsity teams participating in the Appalachian Football League through the Boys and Girls Clubs of America; tackle football competes against Boys and Girls Clubs in Kingsport, Johnson City and Greeneville. Practices are on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Visit @TCCSfootball.org for more information or to register online, or contact: Jackie Bush at (423) 384-6300, firstname.lastname@example.org; Scott Allgood at (423) 360-1872, email@example.com; Diana Harmon at (423) 360-6801, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Angie Allgood at (423) 360-4222, email@example.com.
* CARL KNOX MEMORIAL GOLF CLASSIC, Sept. 27 at 8 a.m. at Baileyton Golf Course. Cost is $55 per player, four-person select shot. Proceeds benefit Cedar View Christian School athletics. For more information, call Tim Strickland or Mark Ferguson at (423) 245-6341.
* FALL YOUTH LACROSSE LEAGUE, for age groups U15, U13, U11 and U9 (all teams are co-ed) in Johnson City and Kingsport. Play begins week of Aug. 25. The league is a developmental league open to participants of all ages and skill levels. Registration fee is $50. For more information and to sign up go online at lax.ntsasports.org or call Mark Bodo at (828) 773-6214.
* BAYS MOUNTAIN 15-MILE TRAIL RACE, Sept. 13 at 8 a.m. at Bays Mountain Park, Kingsport. For more information, go to www.runtricities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* 37TH ANNUAL APPLE FESTIVAL ROAD Race, Oct. 4; 4-mile run and 2-mile walk. Preregister fee is $20 for the run and $15 for the walk; day-of-the-event fee is $25 for the run and $20 for the walk. Contact the Unicoi County Family YMCA in Erwin at (423) 743-3361 or via email at email@example.com
* FC Dallas Tri is now offering fall registration for recreational, K-8 (U6-U14) Academy Challenge, U10-U14 Academy Select/Select and U15-U18 HS Boys. Go online at http://www.fcdallastri.org/.
* THE EMORY & HENRY SOFTBALL PROGRAM will begin a youth league on the college campus beginning in 2015. The Emory Fastpitch League (EFL) will provide opportunities for economically disadvantaged girls in Southwest Virginia to play and learn about fastpitch softball. The EFL will be operated by coach Tommy Forrester and his staff. The college also will host free softball clinics. For more information about the new league, contact E&H athletic director Myra Sims at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* USSSA SOFTBALL TOURNAMENTS: Aug. 23, "Hot Summer Nights" at White Top in Bristol, Tenn. ages 8u-18u the entry fee is $125 for 10u-18u, $50 for 8u; Sept. 13, "Diamond Divas Bash" at White Top Park in Bristol, Tenn.; ages 8u-18u entry fee is $125 for 10u-18u, $50 for 8u; Sept. 27, "Fall Ball in the Valley" at White Top Park in Bristol, Tenn., ages 8u-18u the entry fee is $125 for 10u-18u, $50 for 8u; Oct. 11, "Swinging for the Fence" at White Top Park in Bristol, Tenn., ages 8u-18u entry fee is $125 for 10u-18u, $50 for 8u; Nov. 1, " For the Love of the Game" at White Top Park in Bristol, Tenn., ages 8u-18u entry fee is $125 for 10u-18u, $50 for 8u. Contact Chad Alford at (423) 833-4500 or via email at email@example.com.
* EAST TENNESSEE HEAT ORANGE 12-UNDER girls softball will host tryouts for the 2015 season on Aug. 22-23. Looking for hard working girls with a good attitude with birth years of 2002 or 2003 willing to travel throughout Southeast area. If interested, call coaches Terry Burger at (423) 747-0203 or Matt Million at (423) 426-3638.
* 14-UNDER TRAVEL SOFTBALL TRYOUTS for the upcoming 2015 spring season, Sunday, Aug. 31 from 2-4 p.m. at Daniel Boone Little League Field in Gray. Questions, call (423) 430-0137 or (423) 384-6972.
* KINGSPORT PARKS AND RECREATION Fall Youth Tennis Session I, Sept. 16-Oct. 2. 1 at V.O. Dobbins Sr. Complex. Cost is $30. Lessons for ages 4-6 (beginner), 7-9 (beginner and intermediate) and 10-11 (beginner and intermediate). Cost is $30 for the six sessions. Space is limited. For more information, contact Tommy Wolterman at (423) 224-2489 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* ADULT GROUP TENNIS, hosted by Kingsport Parks & Rec will start in September. Lessons will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 12-12:45 p.m. at V.O. Dobbins, Sr. Complex. Entry fee is $30 prior to Sept. 12, $35 after that date. Class is limited to 10 participants. To register call (423) 224-2489.
* UNICOI COUNTY YMCA FALL YOUTH Volleyball League signups run Aug. 20-Sept. 30. Divisions for elementary, middle and high school girls. League play runs Oct. 15-Nov. 26. Fee for nonmembers is $40, members $30. Game will be played in Johnson City and Erwin. Call (423) 743-3361 or email email@example.com for details.
* NINTH ANNUAL GREENE COUNTY Tennis Classic Tournament, with women's and men's singles, women's and men's doubles, and mixed doubles, will be held Friday, Aug. 22 through Sunday, Aug. 24. Cost is $25 per player per event. Contact Tamara Hartman at (423) 552-3582 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
* HOMESCHOOL WRESTLING LEAGUE, centered in the Colonial Heights area, for homeschooled boys and girls. Divisions for those of high school age and for those between the ages of 6-14. There is no fee for those who register before Oct. 1. For information or registration, email email@example.com.