• SHOOTING STARS 3 ON 3 YOUTH LEAGUE signups through Aug. 30. Boys and girls divisions, grades 4-12. 12 game season on weekends at YMCA in Erwin; entry fee is $150 per team. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• TENNESSEE SHOOTERS will hold evaluations Aug. 18, 25 and Sept. 18. This is for boys and girls grades 3-8. Also seeking coaches. For more information, contact Tommy Henry at (423) 782-7211 and email@example.com or Mark Tincher at (423) 292-2716 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BPA BALL YARD CHALLENGE, Aug. 9-11 at Ridgeview School for ages 8-14. For more information, contact Greg Creech at (423) 378-4697, email@example.com or go to www.netyouthsports.com.
• GREENEVILLE 11U MARLINS will hold tryouts on Aug. 6 and 8 from 6-8 p.m. at Kinser Park in Greeneville. Player can not turn 12 before May 1, 2014. For more information, contact Steve Massengill at (423) 552-6027 or Doug Whaley at (423) 329-9437.
• KINGSPORT INDIANS will be hosting 7U through 13U tryouts for 2014 season Aug. 9 and 10 at Domtar Park. For more information, contact the number for your age group: 7U, (423) 863-0181; 8U, 782-8127; 9U, 579-7322; 10U, 914-1060; 11U, 782-8127; 12U, 502-1015; 13U, 747-2304.
• EAST TENNESSEE SELECT 9’s will hold tryouts Aug. 10 from 10 a.m.-noon and Aug. 11 from 2-4 p.m. at Temple Star Field. For more information call (423) 341-4937.
• 9U COLONIAL HEIGHTS REBELS tryout, Aug. 11 from 2-4 at Rock Springs Elementary School. Age cutoff is May 1. For more information, call Reid Osborne at (423) 956-4639.
• EAST TENNESSEE SELECT 12u will hold tryouts on Aug. 10 from 12-2 p.m. and Aug. 11 from 2-4 p.m. at Temple Star Field in Fall Branch. For more info call Brent Trivett at (423) 782-8914 or BTRIVATO@yahoo.com.
• JOHNSON CITY THUNDER tryouts for the 2014 season, Aug. 18 at Lions Park on Unaka Ave. in Johnson City. Lower Field, 1-3 p.m. (8s), 3-5 (9s); Upper Field, 1-3 p.m. (10s), 3-5 (11s), 5-7 (12s & 13s). For informatio, call Greg Smith at (423) 791-3490 (8/9s), Jim Pollock at 335-0322 (10-13s) or firstname.lastname@example.org. Age cutoff is May 1, 2014.
• THE SULLIVAN SOUTH FOOTBALL TEAM will host a “Dinner with the Legends” on Aug. 8 at Colonial Heights United Methodist Church at 6:30 p.m. The featured guests include former Tennessee head coach Phillip Fulmer and former Vols players Jeff Hall, Leonard Little and Al Wilson, who were all members of the 1998 national championship football team. Tickets are $100 for individual seating and may be obtained from any Rebels football player or by calling Travis Ward at (423) 341-9301. You may also e-mail him at email@example.com. All proceeds go to benefit the South football program.
• ALUMNI FOOTBALL USA is seeking former players from Dobyns-Bennett, Sullivan East, Sullivan North and Sullivan Central for alumni games. For more information, call 1-866-U-Get-Hit.
• HONAKER FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT, Aug. 10 at 9 a.m. at Greenway Golf Course in Glade Spring. The format is a 4-man captain’s choice with an entry fee of $260 per team. For more information, call Doug Hubbard (276) 202-2552.
• THE 2-MAN at Baileyton Golf Club on Aug. 17-18. Cost is $200 per team and $100 per individual. For more information, call (423) 234-5131.
• BOOK IT BABY! 5K, Aug. 11 at 6 p.m. at Domtar Park. Early registration is $20 at www.werunevents.com
and $25 day of event. For more information, contact Jan Miles at (423) 239-8242 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• WATAUGA LAKE TRIATHLON, Aug. 17 at 8 a.m. in Butler. The USA Triathlon-sanctioned event includes a 1,000-meter swim, a 35K bike ride and a 8K run. The Appalachian Challenge Stand Up Paddleboard Race will also be run. Go to wataugalaketriathlon.com for more information.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, Sept. 14 at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. 15 mile trail race. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.
• BLUEGRASS HALF MARATHON, Sept. 22 at the Millennium Centre near East Tennessee State. Start time is 7:30 a.m. Register for the race at www.BluegrassHalfMarathon.com.
• KINGSPORT SOCCER REGISTRATION is open. FC Dallas TRI soccer registration is available for recreational spring play. Recreational play starts with evaluations Aug. 17. Registration closes Aug. 23. For more information, go to www.fcdallastri.org.
• JONESBOROUGH PARKS AND REC FALL SOCCER registration, Aug. 10 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Persimmon Ridge ball fields. League is for ages 5-15; fee is $40. For more information, go to jonesboroughtn.org or call (423) 791.3869.
• THE EAST TENNESSEE LADY TROPICS 12-under softball team is seeking players for Fall tournaments. Practice will be in the Colonial Heights area. For more information, call Trish Chapman at (423) 782-7115 or Bill Troutman at (423) 677-8944.
• EASTMAN WOODEN BAT SOFTBALL CLASSIC, Aug. 10 at the Eastman Softball Complex. Men’s and Women’s divisions. ASA rules. Entry fee is $200 with deadline of Aug. 7. For more information, call 224-7544 or 384-1765.