• SHOOTING STARS 3 ON 3 YOUTH LEAGUE signups through Aug. 30. Boys and girls divisions, grades 4-12. 12 game season on weekends at YMCA in Erwin; entry fee is $150 per team. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BPA BALL YARD CHALLENGE, Aug. 9-11 at Ridgeview School for ages 8-14. For more information, contact Greg Creech at (423) 378-4697, email@example.com or go to www.netyouthsports.com.
• EAST TENNESSEE STORM fourth and sixth grade boys tryouts. For more information, contact Jason Carter 423-833-8431.
• KINGSPORT PARKS & REC youth baseball registration for 15, 14, 12 and 10-under. Entry fee is $250 ($10 non-resident fee). Deadline is Aug. 2 at 5:30 p.m. For more information or to register, go to the Athletics Office at the Civic Auditorium or call (423) 229-9459 or 229-9460.
• EAST TENNESSEE SELECT 8U will be holding tryouts Aug. 3 at noon and Aug. 4 at 2 p.m. at Temple Start Field. For more information, call 341-4937.
• KINGSPORT INDIANS will be hosting 7U through 13U tryouts for 2014 season Aug. 9 and 10 at Domtar Park. For more information, contact the number for your age group: 7U, (423) 863-0181; 8U, 782-8127; 9U, 579-7322; 10U, 914-1060; 11U, 782-8127; 12U, 502-1015; 13U, 747-2304.
• GREENEVILLE 11U MARLINS will hold tryouts on Aug. 3, 3-5 p.m.; Aug. 6 & 8 from 6-8 p.m. at Kinser Park in Greeneville. Player can not turn 12 before May 1, 2014. For more information Steve Massengill (423) 552-6027 or Doug Whaley (423) 329-9437.
• EAST TENNESSEE SELECT 9’s will hold tryouts Aug. 10 from 10 a.m.-noon and Aug. 11 from 2-4 p.m. at Temple Star Field. For more information call (423) 341-4937.
• JOHNSON CITY THUNDER tryouts for the 2014 season, Aug. 18 at Lions Park on Unaka Ave. in Johnson City. Lower Field, 1-3 p.m. (8s), 3-5 (9s); Upper Field, 1-3 p.m. (10s), 3-5 (11s), 5-7 (12s & 13s). For informatio, call Greg Smith at (423) 791-3490 (8/9s), Jim Pollock at 335-0322 (10-13s) or firstname.lastname@example.org. Age cutoff is May 1, 2014.
• EAST TENNESSEE COPPERHEADS, 11-12 yr olds, will hold tryouts, Saturday, Aug. 3 at 5 p.m. at South View park in Colonial Heights. This is a USSSA team playing at Domtar Park this fall. Players can not have turned 13 before May 1, 2013. Please call Frank Baker at (423) 817-4013.
• ALUMNI FOOTBALL USA is seeking former players from Dobyns-Bennett, Sullivan East, Sullivan North and Sullivan Central for alumni games. For more information, call 1-866-U-Get-Hit.
• HONAKER FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT, Aug. 10 at 9 a.m. at Greenway Golf Course in Glade Spring. The format is a 4-man captain’s choice with an entry fee of $260 per team. For more information, call Doug Hubbard (276) 202-2552.
• THE 2-MAN at Baileyton Golf Club on August 17th and 18th. $200 per team and $100 per individual. For more information, call (423) 234-5131.
• APPALACHIA RAILROAD DAYS 5K and 1-Mile Fun Walk, Aug. 3 at 8 a.m. in Appalachia, Va. Entry fee is $14 ($15 race day) for 8K; $10 ($11) for Fun Walk. For more information, go to runtricities.org or contact Randy Blair at (276) 565-0406 or Pam Hutchinson at (276) 565-0821.
• BOOK IT BABY! 5K, Aug. 11 at 6 p.m. at Domtar Park. Early registration is $20 at www.werunevents.com and $25 day of event. For more information, contact Jan Miles at (423) 239-8242 or email@example.com.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, Sept. 14 at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. 15 mile trail race. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BLUEGRASS HALF MARATHON, Sept. 22 at the Millennium Centre near East Tennessee State. Start time is 7:30 a.m. Register for the race at www.BluegrassHalfMarathon.com.
• JONESBOROUGH PARKS AND REC FALL SOCCER registration, Aug. 3 and 10 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Persimmon Ridge ball fields. League is for ages 5-15; fee is $40. For more information, go to jonesboroughtn.org or call (423) 791.3869.
• KINGSPORT PARKS & REC adult fall league registration though Aug. 2. Divisions are Men’s Open, Men’s Church, Women’s Open and Co-Ed. Entry fee is $350 per team ($10 non-resident fee). Deadline is Aug. 2 at 5:30 p.m. For more information or to register, go to the Athletics Office at the Civic Auditorium or call (423) 229-9459 or 229-9460.
• KINGSPORT PARKS & REC youth softball registration for15, 14, 12 and 10-under. Entry fee is $250 ($10 non-resident fee). Deadline is Aug. 2 at 5:30 p.m. For more information or to register, go to the Athletics Office at the Civic Auditorium or call (423) 229-9459 or 229-9460.
• EASTMAN WOODEN BAT SOFTBALL CLASSIC, Aug. 10 at the Eastman Softball Complex. Men’s and Women’s divisions. ASA rules. Entry fee is $200 with deadline of Aug. 7. For more information, call 224-7544 or 384-1765.
• THE EAST TENNESSEE LADY TROPICS 12-under softball team is seeking players for Fall tournaments. Practice will be in the Colonial Heights area. For more information, call Trish Chapman at (423) 782-7115 or Bill Troutman at (423) 677-8944.
• BARRACUDA SWIM CLUB is now practicing Monday-Friday in the Kingsport Aquatic Center. New membership is ongoing. Beginner to national qualifier swimmers. For more information, contact coach Chris Coraggio at (423) 833-5595 or email@example.com or visit www.barracudaswimclub.org.