• SHOOTING STARS 3 ON 3 YOUTH LEAGUE signups through Aug. 30. Boys and girls divisions, grades 4-12. 12 game season on weekends at YMCA in Erwin; entry fee is $150 per team. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• COUGAR BASH, July 26-28 at Sullivan Central High School. The tournament is for U-12, U-14, U-16. Entry fee is $275. For more information, call Billy at (423) 676-5733 or email email@example.com.
• BPA BALL YARD CHALLENGE, Aug. 9-11 at Ridgeview School for ages 8-14. For more information, contact Greg Creech at (423) 378-4697, firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.netyouthsports.com.
• EAST TENNESSEE STORM fourth and sixth grade boys tryouts. For more information, contact Jason Carter 423-833-8431.
• KINGSPORT PARKS & REC youth baseball registration for 15, 14, 12 and 10-under. Entry fee is $250 ($10 non-resident fee). Deadline is Aug. 2 at 5:30 p.m. For more information or to register, go to the Athletics Office at the Civic Auditorium or call (423) 229-9459 or 229-9460.
• EAST TENNESSEE SELECT 8U will be holding tryouts Aug. 3 at noon and Aug. 4 at 2 p.m. at Temple Start Field. For more information, call 341-4937.
• KINGSPORT INDIANS will be hosting 7U through 13U tryouts for 2014 season Aug. 9 and 10 at Domtar Park. For more information, contact the number for your age group: 7U, (423) 863-0181; 8U, 782-8127; 9U, 579-7322; 10U, 914-1060; 11U, 782-8127; 12U, 502-1015; 13U, 747-2304.
• CARL TORBUSH/ETSU COACHING CLINIC, July 27 at the Martha Culp Auditorium on the ETSU campus. The clinic, which will also feature former Tennessee head coach Phillip Fulmer as well as other college coaches, is open to coaches at all age and skill levels from youth leagues to high school. Cost is $20 for early registration (before July 25) and $30 day of the event. All proceeds will benefit the ETSU Kickoff Fund. For more information and to register, call (423) 439-5286 or e-mail email@example.com.
• ALUMNI FOOTBALL USA is seeking former players from Dobyns-Bennett, Sullivan East, Sullivan North and Sullivan Central for alumni games. For more information, call 1-866-U-Get-Hit.
• GREASY BAILEY 4-MAN, SELECT SHOT, July 27-28 at Silver Lake Golf Course in Church Hill. Entry fee is $75 per person or $300 per team. For more information, call (423) 357-9940.
• HANDS ON GOLF TOURNAMENT, July 26 at Buffalo Valley Golf Course. Registration begins at 11:30 a.m. There will be an adult select shot flight and an adult/youth modified alternate shot flight. Entry fee is $125 for adults and $75 for kids 16 and under. Call Stephen Scheu at (423) 854-9042.
• HONAKER FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT, Aug. 10 at 9 a.m. at Greenway Golf Course in Glade Spring. The format is a 4-man captain’s choice with an entry fee of $260 per team. For more information, call Doug Hubbard (276) 202-2552.
• APPALACHIA RAILROAD DAYS 5K and 1-Mile Fun Walk, Aug. 3 at 8 a.m. in Appalachia, Va. Entry fee is $14 ($15 race day) for 8K; $10 ($11) for Fun Walk. For more information, go to runtricities.org or contact Randy Blair at (276) 565-0406 or Pam Hutchinson at (276) 565-0821.
• BOOK IT BABY! 5K, Aug. 11 at 6 p.m. at Domtar Park. Early registration is $20 at www.werunevents.com and $25 day of event. For more information, contact Jan Miles at (423) 239-8242 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, Sept. 14 at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. 15 mile trail race. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.
• KINGSPORT PARKS & REC adult fall league registration though Aug. 2. Divisions are Men’s Open, Men’s Church, Women’s Open and Co-Ed. Entry fee is $350 per team ($10 non-resident fee). Deadline is Aug. 2 at 5:30 p.m. For more information or to register, go to the Athletics Office at the Civic Auditorium or call (423) 229-9459 or 229-9460.
• KINGSPORT PARKS & REC youth softball registration for15, 14, 12 and 10-under. Entry fee is $250 ($10 non-resident fee). Deadline is Aug. 2 at 5:30 p.m. For more information or to register, go to the Athletics Office at the Civic Auditorium or call (423) 229-9459 or 229-9460.
• EASTMAN WOODEN BAT SOFTBALL CLASSIC, Aug. 10 at the Eastman Softball Complex. Men’s and Women’s divisions. ASA rules. Entry fee is $200 with deadline of Aug. 7. For more information, call 224-7544 or 384-1765.
• THE EAST TENNESSEE LADY TROPICS 12-under softball team is seeking players for Fall tournaments. Practice will be in the Colonial Heights area. For more information, call Trish Chapman at (423) 782-7115 or Bill Troutman at (423) 677-8944.
• BARRACUDA SWIM CLUB is now practicing Monday-Friday in the Kingsport Aquatic Center. New membership is ongoing. Beginner to national qualifier swimmers. For more information, contact coach Chris Coraggio at (423) 833-5595 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.barracudaswimclub.org.