• MILLIGAN COLLEGE Camps, July 15-19 and July 22-26. Full instructional camp for boys and girls ages 7-17. Cost is $165. For more information, contact Bill Robinson at email@example.com or (423) 461-8332.
• SHOOTING STARS 3 ON 3 YOUTH LEAGUE signups through Aug. 30. Boys and girls divisions, grades 4-12. 12 game season on weekends at YMCA in Erwin; entry fee is $150 per team. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• COUGAR TOURNAMENT, July 19-21 at Sullivan Central High School. The tournament is for U-14 and U-16. Entry Fee is $275.For more information, call Billy at (423) 676-5733 or email email@example.com. • COUGAR BASH, July 26-28 at Sullivan Central High School. The tournament is for U-12, U-14, U-16. Entry fee is $275. For more information, call Billy at (423) 676-5733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. • BPA BALL YARD CHALLENGE baseball tournament for ages 8-14, will be held Aug. 9-11 at Ridgeview School Baseball Complex. Three-game guarantee. Baseballs will be provided. For more info contact Greg Creech (423) 378-4697 or email@example.com Tournament website: http://www.netyouthsports.com
• EAST TENNESSEE STORM fourth and sixth grade boys tryouts. For more information, contact Jason Carter 423-833-8431. • KINGSPORT PARKS & REC youth baseball registration for 15, 14, 12 and 10-under. Entry fee is $250 ($10 non-resident fee). Deadline is Aug. 2 at 5:30 p.m. For more information or to register, go to the Athletics Office at the Civic Auditorium or call (423) 229-9459 or 229-9460. • GREENEVILLE WILDCATS 10U baseball team will hold tryouts on Saturday, July 20. Players cannot turn 10 prior to May 1, 2014. Please call (423) 620-8486 for location of tryouts and further information. • EAST TENNESSEE SELECT 8s will be holding baseball tryouts Aug. 3 at 12 p.m. and Aug. 4 at 2 p.m. at Temple Start Field. For more information call 341-4937. • KINGSPORT INDIANS 8U Competitive baseball tryouts, Aug. 9-10. Cannot turn 9 before May 1, 2014. Call (423) 782-8127 for more info. • KINGSPORT INDIANS 11U Competitive baseball tryouts, Aug. 9-10. Call (423) 782-8127 for more info. Football • DANIEL BOONE FOOTBALL CAMPS, at Daniel Boone High School, July 20, 8 a.m.-12 p.m. for ages 5-8. Cost is $25. July 22-23, 5-8 p.m. for ages 9-11, cost is $50. You can register day of the camp or pre-register by sending check to coach Jeremy Jenkins at Daniel Boone High School, 1440 Suncrest Drive, Gray, Tn. 37615. • ALUMNI FOOTBALL USA is seeking former players from Dobyns-Bennett, Sullivan East, Sullivan North and Sullivan Central for alumni games. To sign up call 1-866-U-Get-Hit.Golf
• HONAKER FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT, Aug. 10 at 9 a.m. at Greenway Golf Course in Glade Spring. The format is a 4-man captain’s choice with an entry fee of $260 per team. For more information, call Doug Hubbard (276) 202-2552. • HANDS ON GOLF TOURNAMENT, July 26 at Buffalo Valley Golf Course. Registration begins at 11:30 a.m. There will be an adult select shot flight and an adult/youth modified alternate shot flight. Entry fee is $125 for adults and $75 for kids 16 and under. Call Stephen Scheu at (423) 854-9042. Running • WOLF RUN, July 16 at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. 7 mile trail race. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org. • XTERRA NORTH CAROLINA AT BEECH MOUNTAIN, July 27. There will be 15K and 5K trail runs. Entry fee is $35 for the 15K prior to July 18/$40 July 29-26, $45 race day; entry fee for 5K is $25 through July 18, $30 July 19-26 and $45 race day. For more info visti DirtySpokes.com. • APPALACHIA RAILROAD DAYS 5K and 1-Mile Fun Walk, Aug. 3 at 8 a.m. in Appalachia, Va. Entry fee is $14 ($15 race day) for 8K; $10 ($11) for Fun Walk. For more information, go to runtricities.org or contact Randy Blair at (276) 565-0406 or Pam Hutchinson at (276) 565-0821. • PHIPPS BEND 5K, Aug. 24 at Phipps Bend Industrial District in Surgoinsville. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.
• JOY OF SOCCER CAMP at Tusculum College. Team camps will be conducted July 21-25. The camps are ages 6-17, cost of residential campers is $395, non-residential full-day participants $295 and half-day campers $195. For more information, contact Coach Mike Joy at (423) 636-7321 or 1-800-729-0256 ext. 5321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• KINGSPORT PARKS & REC adult fall league registration though Aug. 2. Divisions are Men’s Open, Men’s Church, Women’s Open and Co-Ed. Entry fee is $350 per team ($10 non-resident fee). Deadline is Aug. 2 at 5:30 p.m. For more information or to register, go to the Athletics Office at the Civic Auditorium or call (423) 229-9459 or 229-9460. • KINGSPORT PARKS & REC youth softball registration for 15-, 14-, 12- and 10-under. Entry fee is $250 ($10 non-resident fee). Deadline is Aug. 2 at 5:30 p.m. For more information or to register, go to the Athletics Office at the Civic Auditorium or call (423) 229-9459 or 229-9460.
TOURNAMENTS • EASTMAN WOODEN BAT SOFTBALL CLASSIC will be held August 10 at the Eastman Softball Complex..Mens and Womens Divisions...ASA rules...Bats provided...Entry fee is $200 with deadline of August 7...For more info call 224-7544 or 384-1765
• BARRACUDA SWIM CLUB is now practicing Monday-Friday in the Kingsport Aquatic Center. New membership is ongoing. Beginner to national qualifier swimmers. For more information, contact coach Chris Coraggio at (423) 833-5595 or email@example.com or visit www.barracudaswimclub.org. Tennis
• RIDGEFIELDS SUMMER TENNIS CAMPS, open to the public: beginner/intermediate, July 16-19, $65. Top tier tennis academy, July 29-Aug 1 for tournament and state ranked players only. For more information, call Mike Norris at (423) 723-9991 or Brad Pippin at (423) 383-0170. Volleyball
• VOLUNTEER CAMP, July 17-19, 9-11:30 a.m. at Volunteer High School. For boys and girls, grades 3-8. Cost is $45. For more information, contact Tina Evans at (423) 357-1587. • CARSON-NEWMAN CAMPS AND CLINICS throughout July. Seven in total for all ages and skillsets. For more information, go to www.carsonnewmanvolleyballcamp.com, call (865) 471-4216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.