• CARSON-NEWMAN ELITE CATCHING CAMP, June 23-25 run by head baseball coach Tom Griffin. Cost is $150. For more information or to sign up, call (865) 471-3465 or email email@example.com.SIGNUPS
• NEW 16U TRAVEL TEAM looking for players. Age cutoff is May 1. Pitching experience is a must. Team will play four tournaments between Memorial Day and July 4. For information, call (423) 923-1011.
• MILLIGAN COLLEGE Camps, June 3-7, July 8-12, July 15-19 and July 22-26. Full instructional camp for boys and girls ages 7-17. Cost is $165. For more information, contact Bill Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (423) 461-8332.• CARSON-NEWMAN DRILL FACTORY CAMPS, June 3-7 and July 8-12, for boys and girls grades 3-12. Cost is $135 or $250 for both. For more information, contact assistant coach Shane Williams at email@example.com or (423) 973-3073.• DOBYNS-BENNETT INDIVIDUAL CAMP, June 10-13 at the school. Camp is for ages 8-17; cost is $70 (discounts for two or more in family). For more information, call (423) 378-8475.• SULLIVAN SOUTH CAMP, June 10-12, 9 a.m.-noon, for boys and girls ages 7-14. Cost is $40. Open registration June 10 8-9 a.m. at the school. For more information, call (423) 354-1300.• KING UNIVERSITY BOYS CAMP, June 10-13 (Shooting and Fundamentals) and July 15-18 (Position), conducted by George Pitts and his staff. Cost is $95 for each camp. For more information, contact Associate Head Coach Nick Pasqua at firstname.lastname@example.org or (423) 652-6031. Register online at www.kingtornado.com.• CARSON-NEWMAN LADY EAGLE CAMP, June 10-13. Camp is designed for grades 3-8, cost is $70. For more information, email email@example.com or call (865) 471-3511.• VOLUNTEER S.H.O.T. CLINIC conducted by Tennessee basketball coach Cuonzo Martin and staff, June 14 from 6-8 p.m. at Sullivan North. Current and former UT players and local coaches will also participate. Open to boys, grades K-6. Cost is $20. For more information, go to TennesseeSportCamps.com or call (865) 974-0703.• ROBIN DOTSON LADY WARRIOR CAMP, June 24-26 at Wise Primary School. Camp is for girls grades 3-8 and will run 9-11:45 a.m. Cost is $50. For more information, call Robin Dotson at 393-3964 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.• ALICIA MANNING AMP’D TRAINING CAMP, July 8-11 at Robinson Middle School. Grades 4-6 8 a.m.-noon; grades 7-9 1-5 p.m. Cost is $160 (discounts for more than one in family). For more information, contact Tory Lorimer at (423) 579-4253.• KING UNIVERSITY GIRLS CAMP, July 8-12 on campus. Camp is open to ages 7-17. For more information, go to kingtornado.com, call (423) 341-8985 or email email@example.com.• WEST COLONIAL HILLS CAMP run by Dickie Warren, July 15-18 from 9 a.m.-noon for boys and girls ages 7-14. For more information, call (423) 239-9911.TOURNAMENTS
• UNICOI YMCA YOUTH INVITATIONAL, May 31-June 2 at Erwin YMCA. Boys and girls, grades 3-12. Entry fee $90. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.• SHOOTING STARS SUMMER CLASSIC, June 7-9 at Erwin YMCA. Boys and girls, ages 9-17. Entry fee $90. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.• SHOOTING STARS TRI CITIES HOOPS, June 14-16 at Erwin YMCA. Boys and girls, grades 3-12. Entry fee $90. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• THE JOHNSON CITY OMNIUM will be held June 8-9. The Nor-Well Roan Groan, 9 a.m. on Saturday at Cat Island Park in Elizabethton. That will be followed by the Temple Hill time Trial in Erwin at 5 p.m. On Sunday, the Franklin Woods Community Hospital Criterium will take place in downtown Johnson City. Registration is open. Visit www.pcpomni.wordpress.com for details and a link to registration.
• CARSON-NEWMAN TECHNIQUE CAMP, July 6. Camp focuses on football fundamentals for grades 9-12. Cost is $35, For more information, contact Aaron Hutsell at (865) 471-4794 or Paula Yokley at (865) 471-346.• CARSON-NEWMAN OFFENSIVE LINE CAMP, June 9-13 by Eagles offensive coordinator Mike Turner. Cost is $250 for overnight and $150 for day campers. For more information, email email@example.com or call (865) 471-3364.• SENSABAUGH CAMP CLASSIC, June 15 at J. Fred Johnson Stadium in Kingsport. The free non-contact camp will feature Tennessee Titans cornerback Coty Sensabaugh along with other NFL players, college players and trained coaches. The camp is open to boys and girls between the ages of 6-17. For more information, go to SensabaughCampClassic.com.• JASON WITTEN SCORE FOUNDATION CAMP, June 22 in Elizabethton. The free football camp will feature personal instruction from Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten and numerous other NFL and college players and coaches. The morning session is for ages 7-12, and the afternoon session is for ages 13-18. For more information, go to jasonwitten82.com/ssp/camp.SIGNUPS
• LYNN VIEW PEE WEE FOOTBALL signups through June 15 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-8 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. For more information, call (423) 247-6937.
• TRI-CITIES SUSAN G. KOMEN tournament, June 8 at Cattails at Meadowview. 1 p.m. shotgun start, $100 entry fee. For more information, go to www.triewga.com.• DOBYNS-BENNETT FOOTBALL LETTERMAN GOLF FUND RAISER, June 8 at Crocketts Ridge. Select shot format, entry fee $50 per person. For more information call Graham Clark at (423) 378-8518 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.• KINGSPORT TOMORROW Tournament, June 14, at Cattails at MeadowView to support the Kingsport Veterans Memorial Phase 2 and Healthy Kingsport. Cost is $100 for individuals, $400 for team. Registration is at 10:30 a.m., shotgun start at 1 p.m. For more information, call (423) 246-2017 or go to www.kingsporttomorrow.org.CLINICS
• JUNIOR GOLF ACADEMY, June 3-6 at The Crossings from 8:45-11 a.m. Open to girls and boys ages 8-14. Cost is $80 for members, $100 non-members. Instruction by PGA pro Euggie Jones. For more information, contact the Crossings at (423) 348-8855.
• THE RIVER MILE, June 2 at Laurel Run Park in Church Hill. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.• BEECH MOUNTAIN 10K CLIMBMAX, June 8. Entry fee is $30 for adults through May 6, $35 after that date. Race day registration is $40. Children under 13 enter for $20 anytime. For info call (828) 387-3003 or visit www.BeechMtn.com.• CASA 8K & MILE, June 22 at Crockett Spring Park in Rogersville. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.• USA 10K TRAIL CHAMPIONSHIPS, June 29 at Beech Mountain’s Emerald Outback trail system. Entry fee is $35 by May 31/$40 through June 15. For race details and online registration visit www.MountainGoatRacing.com.• FIRECRACKER 4 MILER, July 4 at Rogersville City Park. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.• WOLF RUN, July 16 at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. 7 mile trail race. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.• PHIPPS BEND 5K, Aug. 24 at Phipps Bend Industrial District in Surgoinsville. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, Sept. 14 at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. 15 mile trail race. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 2K13 DOBYNS-BENNETT CAMP, June 17-20, 5:30-8 p.m. at Indian Highland Park. For boys and girls ages 6-18. Cost is $80 (family discounts available). Camp will be conducted by D-B coaches, collegiate coaches and players, and current Tribe players. For more information, go to pitchero.com/clubs/kingsportdobynsbennetths.• CARSON-NEWMAN CAMPS: High school boys June 28-July; high school girls June 7-10. Cost is $350. Clinic for ages 4-12 will be June 3-6 and cost $99. For more information and to sign up, call (865) 471-3520 or email email@example.com.• JOY OF SOCCER CAMP at Tusculum College. A co-ed camp will be held June 24-28, while two team camps will be conducted July 14-18 and July 21-25. The camps are ages 6-17, cost of residential campers is $395, non-residential full-day participants $295 and half-day campers $195. For more information, contact Coach Mike Joy at (423) 636-7321 or 1-800-729-0256 ext. 5321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• DOBYNS-BENNETT GIRLS SOFTBALL CAMP, June 19-21 for ages 7-12 at Indian Highland Park. Cost is $50.
• LIFEGUARD TRAINING CLASSES, offered by the American Red Cross of NET at Dobyns-Bennett. Students must be 15 years old by the date of the first class. There is a pre-test of swimming skills that must be passed in order to be eligible. Cost is $200. Sessions will be held June 6-10. For more information, call Jorge Blasini at (423) 967-4264 or e-mail email@example.com.• SWIM LESSONS being offered by the Aqua-Tick Swim School at Dobyns-Bennett High School. Swimmers must be 4 years old. Cost is $65 for eight 30 min. lessons. Sessions will be held June 3-6, 10-13, 17-20 and 24-27. For more information, contact Coach Lora Fowler at (423) 378-8551 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration forms may also be picked up in the D-B Activities office.• THE SEA WOLVES AQUATIC PACK, a competitive, year round team, is holding open registration and try-outs. The team currently practices at Sullivan Central High School with plans to move to the Aquatic Center at the end of May. Open to swimmers from elementary school through college For more information, go to www.SWAPswimming.com or call (423) 714-7062.• SWIM AMERICA SWIM LESSONS at the Dobyns-Bennett pool for ages 4 and up and all abilities. Session 1: May 28, 30, June 4; Session 2: June 6, 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, 26; Session 3: July 8, 11, 15, 17, 23, 25, 30. Cost is $87.50 ($70 for returning students). For more information go to www.KingsportPiranhas.com or contact Jorge Blasini email@example.com or (423) 967-4264.
• KINGSPORT PARKS AND REC SUMMER TENNIS LESSONS. Two four-week sessions and one eight-week session, starting June 3. Two divisions: ages 6-10 and 11-14. Cost is $25 per session ($30 non-resident). Signips begin May 20 and there will be an onsite registration on May 30 from 5-7 p.m. at the V.O. Dobbins Senior Complex Tennis Courts. For more information, call (423) 224-2489.• RIDGEFIELDS SUMMER TENNIS CAMPS, open to the public: beginner, May 28-31, $65; intermediate, June 4-7, $65; beginner/intermediate, June 25-28, $65; beginner/intermediate, July 16-19, $65. There will also be sports camps for all ages 5-13 June 11-14 and July 9-12. Cost is $195. Top tier tennis academy, July 29-Aug 1 for tournament and state ranked players only. For more information, call Mike Norris at (423) 723-9991 or Brad Pippin at (423) 383-0170.• AL WILKES TENNIS PROGRAM, for girls and boys, 5-17, Thursday nights at 6 p.m. at the D-B courts. Cost for new players is $45 and $35 for return players. For more information, go to alwilkes.com or call (423) 930-7478.
• DOBYNS-BENNETT VOLLEYBALL CAMP, June 4-6. Girls entering grades 3-6 will 9:30-11 and cost of $35 .Girls entering grades 7-9 will be noon-2:30 and cost of $40. Registration held one hour before start of session on first day.• EXCEL CAMPS AT KING UNIVERSITY. High school hitters and setters June 24-25, defense June 26-27. Middle school skills camp July 1-3. For more information, go to kingtornado.com/sports/wvball.• CARSON-NEWMAN CAMPS AND CLINICS throughout July. Seven in total for all ages and skillsets. For more information, go to www.carsonnewmanvolleyballcamp.com, call (865) 471-4216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.TOURNAMENTS
• KANGAROO KLASSIC Outdoor Volleyball Tournament, hosted by Kingsport Parks and Recreation. Deadline to register is June 27. For more information, call (423) 229-9459 or (423) 229-9460.
• TORNADO WRESTLING CAMP, June 16-20 at King University. Cost is $175 ($275 for campers) and open to ages 11 and up. Discounts for teams. Deadline to register is June 1. For more information, go to kingtornado.com/sports/wrest.