• NEW 16U TRAVEL TEAM looking for players. Age cutoff is May 1. Pitching experience is a must. Team will play four tournaments between Memorial Day and July 4. For information, call (423) 923-1011.TOURNAMENTS
• ETABL SPORTS 14U CLASH, May 19-20 at Cherokee High School. Cost is $200. For more information, contact Jim Hosmer at (423) 895-5748.• BPA MEMORIAL DAY BASH, May 24-26 at Ridgeview School. Division are ages 8-14. For more information, go to www.netyouthsports.com or contact Greg Creech at (423) 378-4697 or email@example.com.• BASH AT THE BEND, May 25-26 at McPheeter’s Bend Elementary School in Church Hill. Hosted by Volunteer Falcons 12-under. Cost is $125. For more information, contact Jeff Gray yat (423) 863-5518 or firstname.lastname@example.org.• MOUNTAIN TOP CLASSIC, May 25-26 in Wise. Divisions are boys 9-10 (kid pitch) and 8U (coach pitch). Entry fee is $100 for 9-10 and $75 for 8-under. For information, contact Kelly Foster at (276) 219-2063 or Chris Wilson at (276) 219-3659.• ETABL SPORTS 10U MEMORIAL DAY, May 26-27 at Fordtown Ruritan. Cost is $200. For more information, contact Jim Hosmer at (423) 895-5748.
• MILLIGAN COLLEGE Camps, June 3-7, July 8-12, July 15-19 and July 22-26. Full instructional camp for boys and girls ages 7-17. Cost is $165. For more information, contact Bill Robinson at email@example.com or (423) 461-8332.• DOBYNS-BENNETT INDIVIDUAL CAMP, June 10-13 at the school. Camp is for ages 8-17; cost is $70 (discounts for two or more in family). For more information, call (423) 378-8475.• SULLIVAN SOUTH CAMP, June 10-12, 9 a.m.-noon, for boys and girls ages 7-14. Cost is $40. Open registration June 10 8-9 a.m. at the school. For more information, call (423) 354-1300.• KING UNIVERSITY BOYS CAMP, June 10-13 (Shooting and Fundamentals) and July 15-18 (Position), conducted by George Pitts and his staff. Cost is $95 for each camp. For more information, contact Associate Head Coach Nick Pasqua at firstname.lastname@example.org or (423) 652-6031. Register online at www.kingtornado.com.• VOLUNTEER S.H.O.T. CLINIC conducted by Tennessee basketball coach Cuonzo Martin and staff, June 14 from 6-8 p.m. at Sullivan North. Current and former UT players and local coaches will also participate. Open to boys, grades K-6. Cost is $20. For more information, go to TennesseeSportCamps.com or call (865) 974-0703.• ALICIA MANNING AMP’D TRAINING CAMP, July 8-11 at Robinson Middle School. Grades 4-6 8 a.m.-noon; grades 7-9 1-5 p.m. Cost is $160 (discounts for more than one in family). For more information, contact Tory Lorimer at (423) 579-4253.• KING UNIVERSITY GIRLS CAMP, July 8-12 on campus. Camp is open to ages 7-17. For more information, go to kingtornado.com, call (423) 341-8985 or email email@example.com.• WEST COLONIAL HILLS CAMP run by Dickie Warren, July 15-18 from 9 a.m.-noon for boys and girls ages 7-14. For more information, call (423) 239-9911.TOURNAMENTS
• TRI STATE SUPER HOOPS CLASSIC, May 17-19 at Erwin YMCA. Boys and girls, ages 9-17. Entry fee $90. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.• SHOOTING STARS 3 ON 3, May 24-26 at Erwin YMCA. Boys and girls, grades 3-12. Entry fee $25 per player. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.• UNICOI YMCA YOUTH INVITATIONAL, May 31-June 2 at Erwin YMCA. Boys and girls, grades 3-12. Entry fee $90. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.• SHOOTING STARS SUMMER CLASSIC, June 7-9 at Erwin YMCA. Boys and girls, ages 9-17. Entry fee $90. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.• SHOOTING STARS TRI CITIES HOOPS, June 14-16 at Erwin YMCA. Boys and girls, grades 3-12. Entry fee $90. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SENSABAUGH CAMP CLASSIC, June 15 at J. Fred Johnson Stadium in Kingsport. The free non-contact camp will feature Tennessee Titans cornerback Coty Sensabaugh along with other NFL players, college players and trained coaches. The camp is open to boys and girls between the ages of 6-17. For more information, go to SensabaughCampClassic.com.• JASON WITTEN SCORE FOUNDATION CAMP, June 22 in Elizabethton. The free football camp will feature personal instruction from Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten and numerous other NFL and college players and coaches. The morning session is for ages 7-12, and the afternoon session is for ages 13-18. For more information, go to jasonwitten82.com/ssp/camp.SIGNUPS
•LYNN VIEW PEE WEE FOOTBALL signups will begin on May 18 through June 15. Signups times are Tuesday and Thursday from 6-8 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. For more information, call (423) 247-6937.
• AUTO WORLD MECC GOLF CLASSIC, May 17 at Lonesome Pine Country Club in Big Stone Gap. All proceeds to benefit scholarships for Mountain Empire Community College. Captain’s choice format, entry fee is $100. For more information, contact Jeri Bledsoe at (276) 523-2400 ext. 287 or email@example.com or go to meccfoundation.org.• MOUNTAIN REGION SPEECH & HEARING CENTER/KINGSPORT SERTOMA CLUB tournament, May 18 at Cattails at MeadowView with an 8:15 a.m. shotgun start. Entry fee is $80 per individual and $320 per team and includes green fees, cart, biscuit breakfast and hamburger lunch plus a gift pack. Deadline to enter is May 15. For more information or to sign up, call (423) 246-4600 or visit webpages.charter.net/kptsertoma.• SPRING FLING, May 18-19 at Baileyton Golf Club. Shotgun start both days at 8:30. Entry fee $200 per two-man team. Cash prizes per flight, with four flights. Field limited to 44 teams. For more information call (423) 234-5131.• 11TH ANNUAL CASA GOLF CLASSIC, May 20 at the Country Club of Bristol. Shotgun start at 12:30 p.m. Entry fee is $100 per player ($55 tax deductible). For more information, call (423) 247-1161 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.• TRI-CITIES SUSAN G. KOMEN tournament, June 8 at Cattails at Meadowview. 1 p.m. shotgun start, $100 entry fee. For more information, go to www.triewga.com.CLINICS
• GIRLS GOLF CLINIC, May 20-21 at Warriors Path Golf Course from 6-8 p.m. Open to ages 7-14, cost is $25. Instruction provided by PGA pros Euggie Jones and Todd Foster. For more information, call (423) 765-7993.• JUNIOR GOLF ACADEMY, June 3-6 at The Crossings from 8:45-11 a.m. Open to girls and boys ages 8-14. Cost is $80 for members, $100 non-members. Instruction by PGA pro Euggie Jones. For more information, contact the Crossings at (423) 348-8855.
• GIRLS ON THE RUN OF NET 5K COLOR SPLASH, May 19 at 2 p.m. at Milligan College Drive. There will be a 600-yard Junior Color Splash for runners under the age of 7 starting at 3:30. For more information, visit www.gotrnetn.org or call (423) 502-6910.• THE RIVER MILE, June 2 at Laurel Run Park in Church Hill. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.• BEECH MOUNTAIN 10K CLIMBMAX, June 8. Entry fee is $30 for adults through May 6, $35 after that date. Race day registration is $40. Children under 13 enter for $20 anytime. For info call (828) 387-3003 or visit www.BeechMtn.com.• CASA 8K & MILE, June 22 at Crockett Spring Park in Rogersville. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.• USA 10K TRAIL CHAMPIONSHIPS, June 29 at Beech Mountain’s Emerald Outback trail system. Entry fee is $35 by May 31/$40 through June 15. For race details and online registration visit www.MountainGoatRacing.com.• FIRECRACKER 4 MILER, July 4 at Rogersville City Park. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.• WOLF RUN, July 16 at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. 7 mile trail race. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.• PHIPPS BEND 5K, Aug. 24 at Phipps Bend Industrial District in Surgoinsville. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, Sept. 14 at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. 15 mile trail race. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• CARSON-NEWMAN CAMPS: High school boys June 28-July; high school girls June 7-10. Cost is $350. Clinic for ages 4-12 will be June 3-6 and cost $99. For more information and to sign up, call (865) 471-3520 or email email@example.com.• 2K13 DOBYNS-BENNETT CAMP, June 17-20, 5:30-8 p.m. at Indian Highland Park. For boys and girls ages 6-18. Cost is $80 (family discounts available). Camp will be conducted by D-B coaches, collegiate coaches and players, and current Tribe players. For more information, go to pitchero.com/clubs/kingsportdobynsbennetths.
• LIFEGUARD TRAINING CLASSES, offered by the American Red Cross of NET at Dobyns-Bennett. Students must be 15 years old by the date of the first class. There is a pre-test of swimming skills that must be passed in order to be eligible. Cost is $200. Sessions will be held May 16-19 and 23-26 and June 6-10. For more information, call Jorge Blasini at (423) 967-4264 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.• SWIM LESSONS being offered by the Aqua-Tick Swim School at Dobyns-Bennett High School. Swimmers must be 4 years old. Cost is $65 for eight 30 min. lessons. Sessions will be held May 13-16, June 3-6, 10-13, 17-20 and 24-27. For more information, contact Coach Lora Fowler at (423) 378-8551 or email@example.com. Registration forms may also be picked up in the D-B Activities office.• THE SEA WOLVES AQUATIC PACK, a competitive, year round team, is holding open registration and try-outs. The team currently practices at Sullivan Central High School with plans to move to the Aquatic Center at the end of May. Open to swimmers from elementary school through college For more information, go to www.SWAPswimming.com or call (423) 714-7062.
• KINGSPORT PARKS & REC Kids 10-under Spring Tennis Session, Tuesdays April 30 to May 28. At V.O. Dobbins Sr. Complex, cost is $25. For more information, contact Tommy Wolterman at (423) 224-2489 or firstname.lastname@example.org.• RIDGEFIELDS SUMMER TENNIS CAMPS, open to the public: beginner, May 28-31, $65; intermediate, June 4-7, $65; beginner/intermediate, June 25-28, $65; beginner/intermediate, July 16-19, $65. There will also be sports camps for all ages 5-13 June 11-14 and July 9-12. Cost is $195. Top tier tennis academy, July 29-Aug 1 for tournament and state ranked players only. For more information, call Mike Norris at (423) 723-9991 or Brad Pippin at (423) 383-0170.• AL WILKES TENNIS PROGRAM, for girls and boys, 5-17, Thursday nights at 6 p.m. at the D-B courts. Cost for new players is $45 and $35 for return players. For more information, go to alwilkes.com or call (423) 930-7478.
• BRISTOL YWCA CLINIC, May 18 from 9:30 a.m. to noon. Ages 5-12. All skill levels welcomed. Cost is $10 and pre-registration is suggested. For more information, contact the YWCA at (423) 968-9444 or email@example.com.• EXCEL CAMPS AT KING UNIVERSITY. High school hitters and setters June 24-25, defense June 26-27. Middle school skills camp July 1-3. For more information, go to kingtornado.com/sports/wvball.• CARSON-NEWMAN CAMPS AND CLINICS throughout July. Seven in total for all ages and skillsets. For more information, go to www.carsonnewmanvolleyballcamp.com, call (865) 471-4216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.