Kingsport City Schools to host 2014-15 school registration events
Jun 24, 2014 at 2:43 PM
KINGSPORT - In preparation for the 2014-15 school year, Kingsport City Schools will be hosting summer events to register new KCS students prior to the first day of school.
Kingsport residents with children not currently enrolled in KCS are encouraged to participate.
Parents and children must register at the school zoned for their residence. School zone maps and street listings are available on the Kingsport City Schools website at www.k12k.com under the "About KCS" tab. Events will be held at the following locations and times:
* Lincoln Elementary (1000 Summer St.): June 24, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
* Jefferson Elementary (2216 Westmoreland Ave.): June 26, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
* Kennedy Elementary (1500 Woodland Ave.): July 1, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.8
* Washington Elementary (1100 Bellingham): July 2, 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
* Roosevelt Elementary (1051 Lake St.): July 8, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
* Johnson Elementary (1001 Ormond Drive): July 8, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
* Jackson Elementary (600 Jackson St.): July 9, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
* Adams Elementary (2727 Edinburgh Channel Road): July 10, 3 p.m. - 6 p.m.
* Sevier Middle Schools (1200 Wateree St.): July 22, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
* Robinson Middle School (1517 Jessee St.): July 22, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
To register a child, parents must bring an original birth certificate (not a Mother's Copy), up-to-date Tennessee Immunization Card with confirmation of medical examination, child's social security card and proof of residency (mortgage statement, rental receipt, property tax receipt or most recent water/electric/gas bill). Kingsport residents with children five (5) years of age on or before Aug. 15, are eligible for Kindergarten.
Parents interested in registering a child in a KCS Pre-Kindergarten program may receive more information by calling (423) 378-2160. Registration at Dobyns-Bennett High School may be coordinated by contacting the school directly at (423) 378-8400.
Kingsport City Schools (KCS) is a public school district located in Kingsport, Tenn., serving students in Sullivan and Hawkins county. The district is comprised of 13 schools, including a Pre-K, eight elementary schools, two middle schools, one high school and a non-traditional school; with total enrollment over 7,000 students. The vision of Kingsport City Schools is to be, Student Focused ... World Class.
For more information on KCS, visit k12k.com, listen live on WCSK 90.3 FM, The Voice of KCS, read our blog, We Are KCS, watch KCS Today on Charter Channel 16 or call (423) 378.2100. We're social too; follow us on Facebook (Kingsport City Schools), Twitter (@KptSchools) and check out our YouTube Channel (KPTSchools).