Around 5:21 p.m. Wednesday, three volunteer fire departments were dispatched to the home of John Mooney, 105 Russell Road.
Initial responders reported finding the home fully involved with fire, as well as two Ford pickups that were parked nearby.
Mooney told the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office that he had a refrigerator plugged in on his back porch.
He said he heard a “popping” sound, looked out on the back porch and observed the rear of his home on fire.
Volunteer firefighters from Persia, Striggersville and Bulls Gap responded to the scene but the house and two vehicles couldn’t be saved and were declared a total loss.
The value of the house was listed at $50,000, and the two pickups were valued at $2,000 and $2,500.
Shortly before midnight Tuesday, the Striggersville and Persia departments responded to a mobile home fire at 171 Austin Mill Road, also located south of Rogersville.
Weston Castle told the HCSO there was chicken cooking in a pot on the stove when the grease in the pot caught fire.
First responders reported seeing heavy smoke and flames coming from the home upon their arrival.
The home, which was valued at $20,000, was a total loss.
Hawkins County EMS responded to both fires, but no injuries were reported.