Fire damages apartment on Chadwick Drive

Jeff Bobo • Jun 10, 2013 at 8:07 AM

The Red Cross assisted a Kingsport couple with lodging Sunday evening after a kitchen fire damaged their apartment on the 900 block of Chadwick Drive.

The Kingsport Fire Department was dispatched at 5:23 p.m. Sunday to a fire in an apartment in the Chadwick Drive complex off Tranbarger Lane.

KFD Capt. Jim Carter told the Times-News that the couple were home and cooking at the time the fire started, and they escaped without injury.

Carter said the apartment was damaged “significantly” before firefighters got it extinguished. The residence wouldn’t be habitable Sunday night, he said.

An adjacent apartment experienced some smoke damage as well, but no one was living there, Carter added.

Recommended for You