The single-vehicle crash occurred the night of Feb. 12 near 909 N. Central Ave. in Church Hill.
According to the Tennessee Highway Patrol, Justin Dillard Sensabaugh, 19, 205 Jones Road, Church Hill, was driving a 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse northbound when the vehicle crossed the center line, left the roadway and struck a tree.
Sensabaugh and his passenger, Jackson Wayne Lawson, 17, of Church Hill, were able to crawl from the vehicle, which was fully engulfed in flames when rescuers arrived on the scene, according to the THP.
Lawson was transported to Holston Valley Medical Center in Kingsport and pronounced dead. Sensabaugh was listed in critical condition at HVMC following the wreck but recovered.
The THP report indicated the Mitsubishi was traveling in excess of the posted 45 mph speed limit when it crossed the center line.
A blood test taken shortly after the crash allegedly revealed that Sensabaugh had bath salts, marijuana and Xanax in his blood at the time of the wreck.
Sensabaugh remains free on $15,000 bond
Other indictments handed down by the Hawkins County Grand Jury Monday include:
• Wesley Eugene Stewart, 23, 122 Humphrey Lane, Johnson City, theft over $1,000.
• Roy Len Simpson, 49, 1019 Mountain View Road, Rogersville, burglary and theft under $500.
• Terry Lynn Johnson, 27, 520 Oasis Road, Bulls Gap, 13 counts of forgery and one count theft under $500.
• Edward Glenn Johnson Jr., 32, Bailey Johnson Road, Rogersville, driving without a license, possession of drug paraphernalia, and possession of Schedule II narcotics with intent to deliver.
• Shane Harvey Hall, 29, 115 Pinecrest Road, Church Hill, three counts of violation of community service for life.
• Candy Marie Dole, 34, 1469 Carters Valley Road, Surgoinsville, theft over $1,000.
• Jordan Clay Davis, 27, 424 Carters Valley Road, No. 22, Rogersville, theft over $500.
• Jessica Nicole Christian, 23, 209 Ross Circle, Rogersvillle, possession of drug paraphernalia, two counts of tampering with evidence, theft under $500, theft over $500, and two counts of forgery.
• Kenneth Andrew Case, 24, 135 Fiddlers Lane, Surgoinsville, simple possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, and manufacturing meth within 1,000 feet of a school.