Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office
• Police located a Honda Accord “hanging over an embankment” on Goshen Valley Road. A man found sitting in the driver’s seat allegedly admitted to drinking “a lot” and had a handgun in his jacket pocket. It was reportedly fully loaded with one round in the chamber, while a half-empty bottle of vodka was in the floorboard of his car. He was arrested on several charges, including DUI and possession of a gun while intoxicated.
• An officer conducted a stop on a vehicle traveling Highway 66 due to a malfunctioning tail light. After observing the driver to have bloodshot eyes and an odor of marijuana, police requested to conduct a search. A baggie of pot was found under the driver’s seat, with the driver claiming, “I lost that three days ago and have been looking for it.”
Wise County Sheriff’s Office
• A suspicious male was reportedly walking a roadway in Appalachia. An officer located the man, who offered that he had cheated on his fiancee the previous night. He allegedly said he had let the girl he cheated with wear his fiancee’s engagement ring, which is now lost. Police also spoke with the girl the engaged man had cheated with, with her confirming she has “no idea” where the engagement ring is located.
Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office
• A caller reported two suspicious men in overalls were sitting in a ditch near Cant Hook Hill Road and Weaver Pike. Dispatch later learned they were utility employees conducting work on a water line.
• A caller was concerned for a 5-year-old boy who had allegedly been outside a county residence, “all day.” Police responded to find the boy was OK. He was just trying to get his cat to come down from the roof of the home.
• A male was riding a horse on Highway 75, causing a hazard for motor vehicle traffic.
• A county woman called dispatch to report “an aggressive possum” on her porch.
For the complete blotter listings read Tuesday's print edition of the Times-News.