“When people visit Kingsport, we want them to go home and spread the word about what a great and friendly place it is here. The Caught in the Act Award encourages employees to continue to provide superior customer service,” said Barbara Kite, KCVB coordinator of National Tourism Week.
The award annually recognizes front-line service personnel who go above and beyond the call of duty to make visitors and residents feel welcome in Kingsport by offering exceptional customer service.
According to the KCVB, the nominees’ friendly, helpful attitude is instrumental in attracting people to the region and convincing them to return.
Each individual was nominated by a member of the community who received exceptional customer service from the nominee.
KCVB staff visited each honoree’s place of business and presented the award, along with a gift package.
The award winners are:
• Bill Brown, Kingsport Grocery Company.
• Miranda McDonald, Chick-fil-A (Fort Henry Mall).
• Michele Neely, Berry’s Pharmacy.
• Leslie Lee, Maurices.
• Rodney Stillwell, MeadowView.
• Jerree Fields, McDonald’s.
• FNL Limo staff.
• Greg Peterson, Kingsport Times-News.
• Devon Lane, Quality Inn.
• Dustin Roberts, Chef’s Pizzeria.