no avatar

Hamblen Co. man burned when kerosene heater explodes, destroys home

Staff Report • Jan 26, 2009 at 12:00 AM

The Morristown Citizen Tribune is reporting that a Hamblen County man suffered burns on his face and upper body Sunday after an outdated kerosene heater exploded in his decrepit rental house.Howard Bryant, 75, was taken to Vanderbilt Burn Center in Nashville where he was listed in stable condition Monday morning.Bryant’s injuries are not believed to be life-threatening. A neighbor reported Bryant said he was standing close to the kerosene heater in his kitchen when it exploded around 11:30 a.m.

CLICK HERE for the full report.

Recommended for You

    Kingsport Times News Videos