The new location is designed to streamline the sales process and enhance the customer experience. A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held Friday for the new store. And in an effort to recognize the company’s commitment to help end domestic violence in the community, Verizon Wireless donated $1,000 from the company’s HopeLine program to the Kingsport Police Department’s domestic violence unit during a check presentation.
To celebrate the new location, Verizon Wireless will host “Free Phone Days” June 20 through 22, where customers who purchase a phone valued at $49.99 or less (with a two-year contract on a new line with a calling plan of $39.99 or higher) will get the phone for free (after a $50 mail-in rebate).
Throughout June, new customers will receive waived activation fee with annual agreements. Existing customers can receive 25 percent off select accessories. Customers visiting the store through June 30 can enter to win a Samsung Glyde, featuring a state-of-the-art touch screen and slide-out keyboard for quick messaging. The drawing for the Samsung Glyde valued at $369.99 will take place on July 1. Entrants do not need to be present to win.
The Kingsport store features a full range of Verizon Wireless products and services and is fully staffed for customer service and technical support. The new store also features:
• A dedicated demo zone where customers can explore, experiment and learn using interactive touch screens or be guided by sales staff.
• More than 55 working models of handsets, PC cards and other devices for customers to try.
• A greeter kiosk that allows customers to check in once they enter the store and list their wireless needs, so representatives can quickly assist them.
• A bill payment kiosk that allows customers to make account payments quickly and easily using checks, cash or credit/debit cards.
• Customer service and technical support departments, making it easy for customers to get account information, customer service and address technical issues from staff.
Store hours are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday. Store manager Jim Alley will lead the retail sales team. The store phone number is (423) 245-4500.