Leave Feedback

no avatar

Greeneville man dies of carbon monoxide

Staff • May 9, 2008 at 12:00 AM

GREENEVILLE — An elderly Greeneville man has died from apparent accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

Police said Elmer S. Moss Jr., 82, was found dead Friday in his bedroom one floor above a basement garage where a car engine was running.

Officers believe he accidentally left his car’s engine running in the garage after he returned home Thursday night. No autopsy was planned.

Recommended for You