Timothy Tyone Booker, 30, 126 Bright Road, Lot 5, Church Hill, was arrested on Jan. 28 shortly after a woman interrupted a burglary in progress at her residence on Shipley Road near Church Hill.
The victim told the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office that when she arrived home that morning she discovered someone had been in the residence, plugged a phone charger into a bedroom outlet and put some dishes in the bedroom.
She also noticed that an AR-15 belonging to her boyfriend was missing, as was a magazine loaded with 20 rounds of ammunition.
She called her boyfriend to make sure he hadn’t been home or taken the rifle, and upon learning he hadn’t, she called 911.
HCSO Deputy Bobby Moffitt and the woman’s boyfriend searched the residence, but they didn't locate a suspect.
Moffitt concluded his investigation and left. About five minutes after he departed, Hawkins County 911 received another call from the residence stating that a black man holding an AR-15 was in the bedroom closet.
Booker had allegedly exited the closet holding the loaded gun while the woman was in the bedroom. Her boyfriend reportedly yelled for her to get out of the residence, and Booker allegedly ran out the back door with the rifle, with the man chasing after him carrying a pistol.
Although the boyfriend lost sight of Booker, the suspect was tracked to a nearby trailer park after a resident called 911 and reported seeing a black male carrying a rifle running to a residence at the rear of the park.
Several officers quickly converged on the mobile home park about a half-mile from the victims’ residence. A woman came to the door of the suspected residence and stated that her boyfriend (Booker) had just come in with a rifle.
Police located Booker hiding in the bedroom closet and retrieved the rifle.
Aside from the felony gun possession charge, he was indicted on charges of aggravated burglary and theft under $1,000.
Several defendants indicted Monday by the Hawkins County Grand Jury will be arraigned in Hawkins County Criminal Court on April 30, including:
* Christoper Darnell Britton, 26, homeless: three counts of aggravated burglary, theft over $1,000 and theft over $2,500.
* Chad Edward Spears, 34, 1015 Overhill Road, Rogersville: aggravated burglary, theft under $1,000, two counts of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, driving on a revoked license, vandalism over $1,000, attempted possession of meth and simple possession of marijuana.
* Troy Lee Hamilton, 116 Strahl Drive, Rogersville: two counts of violation of the sexual offender registry.
* Dustin Keith Overbay, 420 Bay St., Mount Carmel: four counts of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
* Jenny Lynn Shaver, 2015 Brown Drive, Lot 30, Rogersville: aggravated burglary and theft under $1,000.
* Ricky Lynn Sharpe, 2015 Brown Drive, Lot 30, Rogersville: aggravated burglary and theft under $1,000.
* Daniel Lee Gosnell, 5676 Highway 11-W, Rogersville: possession of meth with intent to deliver and possession of drug paraphernalia.
* Timmy Martin Burchfield, 337 Harr Town Road, Blountville: aggravated burglary and two counts of theft under $1,000.
* Charles Wayne Mooney, 1000 University Blvd., Kingsport: aggravated burglary, theft under $1,000 and vandalism under $1,000.