According to a press release issued Sunday evening by Kingsport Police Department Public Information Officer Tom Patton:
• At about 5 p.m. Saturday, KPD officers went to the 800 block of Granby Road to investigate a report of a suspicious person allegedly peering into parked vehicles and soliciting money.
• Officers found the individual and identified him as Coty A. Savage, 30. A warrant check revealed Savage was wanted in Marshall County, Kentucky, for the attempted murder of law enforcement officer. Savage was indicted by a Marshall County grand jury in November 2017.
• Savage was arrested without incident, charged as a fugitive from justice, and jailed without bond, awaiting arraignment, and pending arrangements for extradition back to Kentucky.
• KPD referred questions about the incident in Kentucky to that jurisdiction.
• The press release listed Savage’s address as “homeless,” but a link to a news story from Kentucky at the time of his indictment listed his address as Duffield, Va.