Jammie Leann Morgan reportedly told the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office at the time of her early morning arrest on July 11 that she had been to her boyfriend’s residence on Gentry Hollow Road near Church Hill earlier in the evening.
Morgan, 26, 308 W. Broadway St., Rogersville, told deputies that during her initial visit she found her boyfriend in bed with another woman.
On July 11 shortly before 1 a.m., HCSO deputies Reba Matthews and Caitlin Smith responded to a report of a woman being stabbed in the head at a residence on Gentry Hollow Road.
Upon her arrival, Matthews reportedly observed Morgan attempting to leave in a gray 2007 Honda Civic.
Morgan allegedly refused commands to stop until Matthews opened the car door and grabbed her arm and Smith drew her gun.
After Morgan had been placed in custody, Matthews spoke to the boyfriend and the female victim, who said Morgan entered the residence through an unlocked back door.
“Ms. Morgan then proceeded to yell at (the boyfriend) and hit him,” Matthews stated in her report. “All three parties went into the living room, which was dark at the time, when Ms. Morgan picked up a screwdriver and stabbed (the female victim) in the head.”
The female victim then went outside and called 911. Matthews said she observed injuries to both victims which were consistent with their version of events.
Morgan was initially charged with especially aggravated burglary and two counts of felony aggravated assault.
On Monday, however, a Hawkins County grand jury indicted her on the lesser count of aggravated burglary and one count of aggravated assault, both of which are Class C felonies punishable by 3-6 years.
Morgan was also indicted on one count of misdemeanor assault and driving on a revoked license.
She remains held in the Hawkins County Jail on $10,000 bond and will be arraigned in Hawkins County Criminal Court on Aug. 31.
Other indictments handed down Monday included:
* Kenneth Lynn Gilliam, 38, 107 Belmont Ave., Mount Carmel, for three counts of aggravated assault and possession of a handgun by an intoxicated person.
* Jesse Eugene Birchfield, 31, 171 Owens Road, Rogersville, for burglary and theft under $500.
* Eric Glen Hale, 35, 121 Bilco St., Bristol, Tenn., for felony escape.
* Robert Franklin Smith, 22,1027 Hammond Ave., Mount Carmel, for robbery.
* Victor James Ray, 34, 735 Howard St., Kingsport, for possession of a handgun by a convicted felon, simple possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
* William Joseph York, 34, 120 Hotel Road, Mooresburg, for theft under $1,000, possession of drug paraphernalia and resisting arrest.
* Travis Lee Presley, 35, 611 W. Bear Hollow Road, Rogersville, for theft over $1,000.
* Steven Ray Rowlett, 47, 210 Spruce Drive, Church Hill, for domestic assault.
* Richard Keith Spradling, 35, 818 County Line Road, Mooresburg, for aggravated assault, resisting arrest and three counts of forgery.