logo



Bristol man sentenced on child porn charge

Matthew Lane • Oct 28, 2016 at 5:30 PM

GREENEVILLE — A 50-year-old Bristol, Tenn., man who took pictures and shot video of two underage girls for at least five years has been sentenced to more than 19 years in federal prison.

David Earl Taylor appeared in U.S. District Court in Greeneville on Wednesday and received the 235 month prison sentence. Taylor will remain on supervised release for the remainder of his life and pay $8,760 in restitution to his victims, a federal judge ordered.

Taylor was indicted in June 2015, charged in a three-count indictment with production, receipt and possession of child pornography. He pleaded guilty in April to the production charge and faced up to 30 years in prison.

According to court records, in March of last year, a Bristol, Tenn., woman reported to the Bristol Tennessee Police Department that she had found what appeared to be images of child pornography on a flash drive in her home next to a desktop computer.

The woman shared a home with Taylor for nine years and employed him at her business.

After finding the flash drive, court records state, the woman confirmed Taylor had engaged two minor females in illegal sexually activity for several years, beginning as early as 2007.

At the time of the indictment, the first victim was 16 years old and said Taylor began touching her inappropriately when she was 9 or 10. She said that when she was 12, Taylor forcibly had sexual intercourse with her.

The second victim was 22 at the time of the indictment and said Taylor began sexually touching her in 2006 at age 14, then quickly progressed to sexual intercourse for several years.

According to court records, the flash drive contained more than 87,000 images and 154 videos of child pornography, including homemade videos of Taylor and the first victim. Some of the videos were made using an iPad and others with a camera.

The flash drive contained a video depicting Taylor masturbating on top of one of the victims, who was sleeping at the time.

Prosecutors say the illegal activity took place from at least July 2010 through March 2015.

Recommended for You

    Kingsport Times News Videos