• PITCHING LESSONS, for individuals and teams ages 9-14, are being offered by David Hoover, former pitching coach at Dobyns-Bennett and Daniel Boone. Call (423) 578-3427 for details.
• COLONIAL HEIGHTS REBELS 9-under local travel baseball team is hosting private tryouts for the upcoming fall/spring seasons. All games will be in the Tri-Cities area. For more information, contact Justin Crawford at (423) 765-3782.
• VELOCITY BASEBALL USSSA 11-under team is hosting private tryouts. Contact Coach Jay at (423) 833-1304, email [email protected] or go online at velocitybaseballofjc.teamapp.com for more information.
• LINCOLN MEMORIAL Men’s Basketball Elite Camps will be held Aug. 19. Fee per attendee is $75. For more information, contact Railsplitters assistant coach Jeremiah Samarrippas at [email protected]
• COLONIAL HEIGHTS ATHLETIC COMMISSION is registering for youth basketball, age divisions 4-6, 7-8, 9-10 and 11-13. Deadline to sign up is Nov. 11. Go online at chacsports.leagueapps.com.
• 17TH SHOOTING STARS fall 3-on-3 league signups, with boys and girls divisions for grades 4-12, run through Aug. 31. Entry fee is $150 per team, which includes 12 games plus the tournament. Games will be played Sunday afternoons, starting Sept. 2, at Science Hill in Johnson City. Call (423) 341-0133 or email [email protected]
• ANNUAL CHURCH HILL TROUT RODEO, for kids ages 4-16 and sponsored by VFW Post 9754, Buffalo Springs Fish Hatchery, CASVA Angus Farm and Food City, will be held Saturday, Sept. 8, from 8:30-10 a.m., at Jaycees Park, 455 North Central Ave., Church Hill. Age divisions are 4-7, 8-11 and 12-16, and the event is free and open to the community. In addition to trophies, doughnuts and drinks, there will a chance to win a new bicycle. Register your child at Church Hill City Hall or at Jaycees Park before 8 a.m. the day of the event. Call the Recreation Department at (423) 357-7010 with questions.
• SECOND THREE-PERSON SCRAMBLE will be held Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 18-19 at Lonesome Pine Country Club in Big Stone Gap. Entry fee is $55 for club members and $75 for nonmembers. Call (276) 523-0739.
• JC PARKS MOUNTAIN GAMES, hosted by Johnson City Park and Recreation, will be held from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 18 at the Legion Street Pool, 111 Legion St. The event will feature kayaking, rock climbing, mountain biking, disc golf and swimming. Partners Mahoney’s Outfitters, SORBA Tri-Cities, The Bike Shop, Local Motion and the Science Hill mountain bike team will be on hand to provide kayaks, disc golf equipment, bikes, a climbing wall and instruction. Entry fee is $5 per person, and lunch is included. Call (423) 461-4850 for more information.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, a 15-miler and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will take place Saturday, Sept. 15, starting at 8 a.m., at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. Contact race director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or go online at RunTriCities.org.
• BLUEGRASS HALF MARATHON, presented by The Goose Chase, will be held on Sunday, Sept. 30 at Founders Park in Johnson City. The Kid’s Race begins at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 28. For more information, go online at thegoosechase.org/bluegrass-half-marathon-relays.
• FIRST DISTRICT TENNESSEE Senior Olympics will be held in September. The First District comprises seven counties: Carter, Hancock, Hawkins, Johnson, Sullivan, Unicoi and Washington. Open sports that do not require district qualification include archery, cycling, 5K and 10K road races, racquetball, cornhole, pole vault, disc golf and the power walk. Entry forms are available at local senior centers. Deadline to enter is Aug. 24.
• SULLIVAN COUNTY SOCCER ASSOCIATION (SCOSA), featuring age groups from 4-under to 16-under, will have on-site registration for the upcoming fall season Aug. 15 and 16 in the recreation building on Duck Island at Warriors Path State Park. The season will begin on Aug. 27 and run through Nov. 3. Online registration is open at scosa.com. For more information, visit the SCOSA website, the SCOSA Facebook page or email [email protected]
• KINGSPORT PIRANHAS DEVELOPMENTAL Swim School for ages 4 and up is registering for the fall sessions (Aug. 14-Sept. 6 and Sept. 18-Oct. 11) at Dobyns-Bennett. Cost is $125. Register online at KingsportPiranhas.com. Call Jorge Blasini at (423) 967-4264 or email swim[email protected] for more information.
• KINGSPORT PIRANHAS FALL CLINIC and tryouts, for all swimmers interested in joining the Piranhas, will be held Aug. 13-23 at Dobyns-Bennett. Cost is $80. Register online at KingsportPiranhas.com. Call Jorge Blasini at (423) 967-4264 or email [email protected] for more information.
• EASTMAN RECREATION women’s and mixed (six-person) volleyball leagues are now forming. All play will be on Mondays. Practice begins Sept. 17 and the season begins Oct. 15 at the V.O. Dobbins and Lynn View community centers. Entry fee is $100 per team. Those interested in organizing a team should call Jack Henry at 384-1765 or the Eastman Recreation Office at 229-3771. A managers’ meeting will be held Thursday, Oct. 4 at 5:30 p.m. in B-310. Rosters and entry fee should be submitted by that date. Go online at eastmanrecreationclub.com.
• ROCK, ROW & RUN KIDS AQUATHLON, for ages 6-12, is set for 9 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 18 at Legion Street Pool, 111 Legion St., Johnson City. Participants will row a kayak (which will be furnished) across Legion Street Pool, run the distance and then join the party. Cost is $25 per person through Aug. 10 and $35 afterward. Register online at myjcparks.org or at Memorial Park Community Center, 510 Bert St., Johnson City. For more information, call (423) 434-5749.