This year’s event, featuring 10 dancers, will benefit SteppenStone Youth Treatment Services.
Local stars taking the floor this year are:
• Carol Conduff, founder and executive director of The Spine Health Foundation.
• Kim Nicewonder, executive director of the Miss Virginia USA and Miss Virginia Teen USA pageants.
• April Taylor, a Bristol, Tenn., resident and recording artist who has signed with Nashville-based Plateau Music.
• Krista Wharton, director of the non-profit Special Spaces Tri-Cities, which creates dream room makeovers for children with life-threatening illnesses.
• Robin Williams, a member of Spirit of Soul, an 11-piece dance band.
• Chris Mathes, sheriff of Carter County
• Paul Montgomery, vice president of Community Relations and Corporate Services for Eastman Chemical Co.
• Todd Miller, director of facilities for Holston Medical Group.
• Dr. Eric Sellers, an associate professor and director of East Tennessee State University’s Brain-Computer Interface Laboratory
• Tom Tull, senior executive coach for Mountain States Health Alliance
The Tri-Cities Stars have been taught by Mike and Kim Adler of Johnson City. Both Mike and Kim achieved World Champion status with their professional partners and as a couple with the United Country Western Dance Council.
The dancers will each perform two dances. The women will wear original pieces from Randall Designs that were worn for ABC’s hit show “Dancing With the Stars.” Mirror-ball trophies will be awarded to the highest scoring man and woman.
The judging panel will spotlight some well-known Tri-Cities faces and voices as well professional United Country Western Dance Council World Champions Rex and Rachel Jones.
Money raised will support SteppenStone Youth Treatment Services, a Limestone treatment center that helps boys who experience emotional and behavioral problems. SteppenStone provides a continuum of treatment in a residential setting as well as day treatment, afterschool treatment and outpatient treatment.
General admission tickets are $100. Premium seating tickets, which also pay for a piece of clothing for a SteppenStone boy, are $125. VIP tables are $2,500. Each ticket includes dinner served at food stations placed around the MeadowView ballroom.
Tickets can be purchased at www.dancingwiththetricitiesstars.com. For more information, call Mike Adler at 791-1769 or Kim Adler at 677-1515.
To find out more about the SteppenStone Academy, call Tom Herington at 257-8600.