* The Kingsport Public Library will hold its annual Pumpkin Party from 4 to 5:30 p.m., Monday, Oct. 29 for children ages 4 to 10. The free event features food, games, crafts and fun. Costumes welcome.
* The Civinettes will host a Trunk-or-Treat from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., Oct. 30 in the Stone Castle parking lot at Tennessee High School for children sixth grade and younger. Face painting, prizes, candy and more.
* The 10th annual Rogersville Trunk-or-Treat will be held from 5 to 8 p.m., Oct. 31 on Main Street in Rogersville. This year's activities include a costume contest, live music, fortune telling, face painting, and, of course, trick-or-treating along Main Street. For more information or to reserve a spot on Main Street, call (423) 272-8751.
* The Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office will once host its annual Trunk or Treat from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 31 at Blountville Middle School’s track and football field. All Sullivan County departments have been invited to participate.
* The Hammond Park "Neigh-BOO-Hood" will be in the park from 6:30 to 9 p.m., Oct. 31, to give out candy to Kingsport trick-or-treaters. The park will be decorated, well-lighted and have plenty of candy, including nut-free options for those with allergies. The event is open to the community.
* Oakwood Forest Christian Church will hold its Hullabaloo, featuring trunks of treats, cakewalk and games for the whole community, at 6:30 p.m., Oct. 31 at the church located at 1713 E. Sevier Avenue in Kingsport. Call (423) 247-2691.
* Tusculum College will present its inaugural baseball vs softball Halloween game at 6:30 p.m., Oct. 31 at Pioneer Park in Greeneville. Student-athletes in costume will compete in a slow-pitch softball game. Community is invited to this free event. Trick-or-treat candy will be handed out to all who attend.
* Great Pumpkin LumiNights at Dollywood’s Harvest Festival presented by Humana is open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., daily through Nov. 3. For more information about Dollywood’s Harvest Festival featuring Southern Gospel Jubilee and Great Pumpkin LumiNights, visit www.dollywood.com, call 1-800-DOLLYWOOD, or download the Dollywood App.
* The Carters Valley Volunteer Fire Department's Haunted Forest is open Oct. 29-31, from 8 p.m. to midnight. The forest is located behind the CVVFD's station at the old Carters Valley Ruritan, located at 5740 Carters Valley Road, Mount Carmel. Admission is $8 per person; groups of 10 or more, $6 each.
* The Hales Community Ruritan Haunted Forest, 152 Hales Road in Jonesborough, will be open from 7 p.m. to midnight, Oct. 31. Attractions this year in addition to the haunted forest include a haunted escape room, haunted maze and zombie laser tag. A special trunk-or-treat will be held from 5 to 7 p.m., Halloween night for kids of all ages, followed by a free kid-friendly movie in the clubhouse. Proceeds from the Haunted forest go toward school supplies for kids, clothes, Christmas gifts, and helping less fortunate families with utility bills and food.Call (423) 491-1473 or (423) 202-8348.
* The Mountain Empire Haunted Forest: Voodoo Curses is open from 7 to 11 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays in October on the campus of Mountain Empire Community College in Big Stone Gap, Va. Admission is $10 per victim. All children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult. Call (276) 523-2400 or visit www.mountainempirehauntedforest.weebly.com.
* LaFollette’s Haunted Maze will be open Fridays and Saturdays in October at 3660 Stanley Valley Road, Surgoinsville. The Haunted Maze opens at dusk and the admission cost is $10.
* The Slaughter Valley Haunted Corn Maze will be open Fridays and Saturdays all month, as well as Halloween night, beginning at sundown at 414 Caney Creek Road, just north of Rogersville. Slaughter Valley is described as a "home grown haunted corn maze," and admission is $10.
SPOOKTACULAR STORIES AND SHOWS
* Bays Mountain Park & Planetarium and Knoxville TVA Credit Union will present Cinema Under the Stars featuring "Beetlejuice" from 8 to 10 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 10. Bleacher seating; no lawn chairs allowed (stadium seats only). Concessions will be available; no outside food allowed. Gates open at 7 p.m. Cost is $5 per person (ages 6 and older); 5 and under admitted free. Tickets are limited to 400. Call (423) 230-6357.
* Cleek Farm, located at 2233 Cleek Road in Kingsport, is open Thursday through Sunday through Nov. 3 and features a five-acre corn maze, wagon ride, cow train, jumping pillow, duck races and other fun activities for kids and adults. Live music every Saturday from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Ticket prices to the farm start at $10 for adults and $8 for youths. Children 3 and under get in free with a paying adult. Call (423)765-3123 or visit www.cleekfarms.com.
* Fender’s Farm, located at 254 Highway 107 in Jonesborough, opens at 4 p.m. weekdays, at 10 a.m., Saturdays, and at 1 p.m., Sundays, through Oct. 31, and features an eight-acre corn maze (featuring Future Farmers of America) along with 45 age-appropriate activities, including multiple playgrounds, a petting zoo, pumpkin train, sports complex, mechanical bull and zip line. Haunted attractions also offered beginning at dusk, Fridays and Saturdays. Visit www.facebook.com/FendersFarm/ or call (423) 753-4469.
* LaFollette’s Farm Corn Maze, located at 3660 Stanley Valley Road, is open Monday through Friday, and hosts family fun days from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., every Saturday in October with a corn maze, hayride, games and more. Food and drinks available for purchase. Adults, $8; children 10 and under, $5. Haunted maze begins after dark.
* Stickley Farm, located at 531 Timbermill Private Drive in Bluff City, is Wednesday through Sunday from now through Halloween and features a Susan G. Komen Big Wig corn maze, zip line, inflatables and a hay ride. Haunted maze and catacombs also offered on Fridays and Saturdays. Tickets start at $12 per person with combo tickets available. Call (315) 777-2004 or visit www.thestickleyfarm.com.
* The Davidson Farm Pumpkin Patch is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturdays, and 1 to 6 p.m., Sundays, at 993 Carters Valley Road just north of Surgoinsville. Regular weekend pumpkin patch days are $12 per person (2 and under free), but Family Day is $14. Groups of 20 or more are asked to call (423) 327-2070.
* The “Punkin' Patch Farm” in Nickelsville, Virginia, is open daily in October and offers traditional family fun for all ages. The farm includes a petting zoo and fall decorations, including pumpkins, gourds, mums and more.
The Haunts & Happenings list is a public service of the Kingsport Times-News. To list a local haunt or happening, email it to [email protected]