Saturday, Dec. 2
* The Johnson City Christmas Parade will be held at 11:30 a.m., Saturday, Dec. 2. The theme is “A Storybook Christmas.” The parade route begins on the corner of University Parkway at West Walnut to Buffalo Street, down East Main Street, right on Colonial Way, left to E. State of Franklin and ends in the old burley lot at the Corner of E. State of Franklin and Legion Street. To register or find out more information about the parade, visit jcchristmasparade.org.
* The Church Hill Christmas Parade will be held at 11 a.m., Dec. 2, along Main Boulevard. Lineup is at 10 a.m. near the Church Hill Public Library. Call (423) 357-6161.
* Rogersville's Christmas Parade, featuring the theme "Christmas Blessings," will be held at 4 p.m., Dec. 2. Lineup is at 3 p.m. at Rogersville Middle School/East Rogersville Church. Following the parade, the crowd is encouraged to gather in front of the courthouse for the annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony. Call (423) 272-2186.
* Kingsport's Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting will be held Dec. 2 with the nighttime parade beginning at 5 p.m. at Clinchfield and W. Center, followed by the tree lighting at Church Circle at approximately 6:30 p.m. Floats will travel from Clinchfield and W. Center, down Center past Broad to make a left on Commerce, to a final left on Sullivan around the north side (top) of Church Circle. Festivities, including carriage rides and storytime at the Kingsport Public Library, begin at 2 p.m.
* The Abingdon Christmas Parade, presented by Kiwanis Club, will be held from 6 to 8 p.m., Dec. 2.
* The Appalachia Town Christmas Tree Lighting will be held at 7 p.m., Dec. 2 in Veteran's Park. The Christmas parade will follow at 7:30 p.m.
* The Gate City Christmas Parade will be held at 7 p.m., Dec. 2. This year's theme: "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree."
Sunday, Dec. 3
* The Bulls Gap Christmas Parade will be held at 3 p.m., Dec. 3.
* The Norton Christmas Parade will be held at 6 p.m., Dec. 3. The theme is “The Magic of Christmas.” For more information, call (276) 679-0192 or (276) 679-0754.
Thursday, Dec. 7
* The Bristol Christmas Parade will be held at 7 p.m., Dec. 7 on State Street. There is a cost associated with entering floats/vehicles (starting at $45 per vehicle). Deadline to register is Friday, Dec. 1. Applications are located online at www.bristolchamber.com. Call (423) 989-4850.
Saturday, Dec. 9
* The Bloomingdale Ruritan Christmas Parade will be held Saturday, Dec. 9. The theme is “Let HIS word unwrap the magic of Christmas.” Lineup begins at 9 a.m. at Ketron Elementary School. First, second and third-place float awards of $100, $75 and $50. For details, call Jim Smallwood at (423) 288-4576 or Keith Ragsdale at (423) 288-4176.
* The Surgoinsville Christmas Parade will be held at 11 a.m., Dec. 9, along Main Street in Surgoinsville. Lineup at 10 a.m. Call (423) 345-2213.
* The Blountville Ruritan Annual Christmas Parade will be held at 2 p.m., Dec. 9. Call (423) 323-4660 for details.
* The Mount Carmel Christmas Parade will be held at 3 p.m., Dec. 9. Lineup begins at 2 p.m. Call (423) 357-7311.
* The Historic Jonesborough Christmas Parade will be held at 6 p.m., Dec. 9 along Boone and Main streets. Gather at the courthouse immediately following the parade for a chance to win a free Christmas turkey in the Annual Turkey Toss, sponsored by the Jonesborough Area Merchants and Service Association.