* Natural Tunnel State Park, Duffield, Va., presents “The Christmas Lighting of the Tunnel” at 6 p.m., Dec. 18-23. Enjoy live music, light concessions, complimentary marshmallows and campfires, visit with Santa, ride the chair lift and enjoy the lighted
WEEK OF DEC. 25
* Emmanuel Episcopal Church, located at 700 Cumberland Street, Bristol, Virginia, will open its doors to the community for the Annual Christmas Dinner from 4 to 6 p.m., Dec. 25, and will include all the traditional holiday dinner trimmings. Reservations are not necessary and there is no fee for the dinner. Everyone is welcome to partake in the joy of Christmas and share a wonderful meal and fun-filled evening of fellowship, entertainment and caroling. For additional details, call (276) 669-9488 or email [email protected]
* Warriors' Path State Park will present a "Light Up the Night" hike at 12:01 a.m., Jan. 1. The hike, lit with old-timey kerosene lanterns, is open to families. Children should bring a small flashlight. Meet at the pool parking lot, dressed for the weather and wearing sturdy hiking shoes. Free, but pre-registration is required. To register, call (423) 239-6786.
* Kingsport 100 will host a New Year’s Eve Street Party from 8 p.m. to midnight, Dec. 31 on Broad Street in Downtown Kingsport. Music, food trucks, YMCA kid zone, entertainments, giveaways, a scavenger hunt and a midnight fireworks show.
* The Town of Greeneville will present Midnight On Main featuring music, dancing, food and other festivities for all ages beginning at 7 p.m., Dec. 31. For more information on Midnight on Main, visit www.facebook.com/TownofGreeneville.
* Barter Theatre will present "White Christmas," "Rudolph," "A Tuna Christmas" and "Santaland Diaries" in late November and December. Visit www.bartertheatre.com for show times and ticket prices.
* The Food City Pet Club will hold its annual Pet Hunger Drive from now through Jan. 2 throughout the supermarket chain. During the drive, shoppers are invited to purchase pre-packaged pet food bags for only $10. Once purchased, the bags can be deposited in the special collection bins located inside the store. 100 percent of the food donated benefits local animal shelters throughout Food City’s market area.
* Sycamore Shoals State Historic Park in Elizabethton will present its “Lamplight Christmas Wreath Exhibit” now through Jan. 7 in the park visitor’s center from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday, and 1 to 4:30 p.m., Sundays. Closed Mondays. Also on display: The Watauga Valley Art League’s Winterfest Art Show through Dec. 3. Call (423) 543-5808.
* The Pinnacle Speedway In Lights Powered by TVA, is open from 6 to 10 p.m., nightly through Jan. 6, 2018, at Bristol Motor Speedway. The four-mile drive-through show, which features more than 2 million lights and over 200 animated displays, gives visitors the opportunity to take a lap around The Last Great Colosseum, as well as drive through Thunder Valley. This year, Speedway In Lights has added a new display, “Race to Space,” a 300-foot-long LED tunnel which offers visitors the experience of traveling through space. Admission is $15 for cars Sunday through Thursday and $20 for cars Friday and Saturday. Activity vans are $30 each night and large buses are $100.
* The Ice Rink at Bristol Motor Speedway will be open Nov. 16 through Jan. 14. Hours vary. Cost to skate is $5 per person, plus $2 for skate rental. For more details, visit www.speedwayinlights.org or call (423) 989-6924.
* Tweetsie Christmas, hosted by Tweetside Railroad, is held every Friday and Saturday, Nov. 24-Dec. 30. Enjoy a train ride through an enchanted land, visit with Santa, watch Christmas shows and more. Limited number of tickets available; advance tickets highly recommended. Trains run every half hour beginning at 5:30 p.m. Admission for adults and children is $38 per person. Visit https://tweetsie.com/special-events/tweetsie-christmas/