There is no charge to attend as a shopper.
Most of the flea market, food vendors and entertainment will be located in the middle of the Great Stage Road in the Blountville HIstoric District (Highway 126).
Vendor spaces are $15 each and must be reserved and paid for no later than 4 p.m. tomorrow (Friday, Sept. 1). Payment must be made by cash or check only and submitted to the event sponsor, the Sullivan County Department of Archives and Tourism, located at 3425 Highway 126, Blountville, next door to the historic Sullivan County Courthouse.
Nonprofits, churches and organizations are allowed up to two free spaces.
The application for vendors is available online at www.historicsullivan.com.
The event is scheduled for 9 a.m to 4 p.m. and will be held rain or shine, barring thunder and lightning.
Vendor spaces are 12 feet by 12 feet and will be rented on a first-come, first-served basis.
Vendor spaces must be kept neat and attractive. Tables must be draped completely to the ground, and all boxes must be hidden from view. All items must be placed on tables.
Clothes must be hung on hangers.
Vendors in violation of the rules will be asked to leave.
All vendor fees are non-refundable.
Churches and nonprofit groups are allowed up to two free spaces with the provision that the spaces may not include items sold for individual profit.
For additional information about the event, call (423) 323-4660.
Below is the schedule for those interested in vending or attending:
Friday, Sept. 8
• 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. — Vendor space number assignments will be given out at the Department of Archives and Tourism. These may also be retrieved at 7 a.m. on Saturday.
Saturday, Sept. 9
• 7:00 a.m. — Official setup time begins. Vehicles will be allowed on the street for 15 minutes maximum to help prevent traffic jams and pedestrian accidents. Please note that vendors may set up as early as Friday evening or earlier on Saturday morning, but they are fully responsible for the safety of their items.
• 8:00 a.m. — No vehicles will be allowed on the street after 8 a.m.
• 8:30 a.m. — Vendor setup must be completed before 8:30 a.m. for inspection.
• 9:00 a.m. — The flea market opens to the public (no presales to be fair to fellow vendors).
• 4:00 p.m. — The flea market closes (vendors must ensure that spaces are free of debris).
Food vendors must provide all food and heating equipment. All food carts will be subject to inspection by the local health department and must provide a permit for approval.
Who is required to have a business license?
• Businesses grossing less than $3,000 annually, both in-state and out-of-state, are exempt from purchasing a merchant license.
• Businesses grossing more than $3,000 annually must have a business license. The cost of the license is shown below, and you may apply for a business license by calling the Sullivan County Clerk at (423) 323-6436.
• Tennessee residents — $15
• Out-of-state residents — $57