June 8th – September 1st, 2013
Body Carnival: The Science and Fun of Being You uses carnival-themed components to explore the connections between perception and the laws of physics within the human body. Visitors can learn about themselves while investigating force, light, color, and more. Eighteen components invite visitors to:
- Crawl through a giant artery to see (and hear) the effects of plaque build-up on blood flow;
- Test their balance as they walk through the 10-foot long Dizzy Tunnel, which simulates a rotating star field;
- Put on a pair of vision-distorting goggles and discover how sight affects the ability to walk straight;
- Experiment in the House of Color with different sources of light’
- “Hear” through their bones and muscles while learning how these transmit sound, and more.